Michigan-Northern

Slightly off-beat venue in Petoskey?

Hi ladies!

I got engaged on Saturday (!) and while we promised each other we'd give ourselves at least a week to just enjoy that and not jump right into planning, every time we start to talk it inevitably goes to wedding talk and we've decided we may as well embrace that. :)

We live in Los Angeles, but both have strong roots in Northern Michigan, so we're looking to do it there next summer. Petoskey, in particular, means a lot to us. We'd love to do it there, but are looking for a venue. We don't want a church wedding, and would prefer to have the ceremony and reception at the same place. (Recessing down the aisle and right into cocktail hour is what we're thinking.) However, we don't want anything cookie-cutter. I know there's the Perry and Bay Harbor (which is PRICEY!) which would fit that criteria, but we're hoping for something a little more off the beaten path.

Does anyone know of any of the art galleries in town, or something similar that might be open to hosting a reception in their space, with perhaps the ceremony on the roof overlooking Little Traverse Bay? We don't want to go too weird, but something like that would be great.

I'd appreciate any ideas!!

Now, I'm off to continue staring at my ring. :)

Re: Slightly off-beat venue in Petoskey?

• edited December 2011
    Crooked Tree Arts Center, Camp Pet-O-Sega, Boyne, Birchwood or Nub's Nob in Harbor Springs are all good choices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards