Michigan-Northern

Grand Traverse Resort & Spa, ever been?

Getting married in TC next fall, and still looking for a place to stay.  I came across Grand Traverse Resort & Spa and although it looks like its a few minutes out from downtown TC, it looks really nice! A definite bonus is that it has the spa right there to get my hair done and probably a mani/pedi at some point too.  It also has a dog spa, which is great because we are not sure what to do with our dog while we're away for the weekend.

Just wondering if anyone has been there or has any thoughts on the place?  It's a little expensive to offer a group rate for our guests I think, but haven't checked on that yet.

Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Grand Traverse Resort & Spa, ever been?

• edited December 2011
    I've been there to eat and use the spa and it is gorgeous. I've heard the rooms are nice as well. The bridal spa & hair packages are expensive compared to other places I've looked at.   The rooms are pricey too, even with a group rate...I looked into for my wedding.  It is outside of downtown, I think it might be technically in Acme, MI.  If people can afford to stay it's worth the drive.  There is a nice pool and gym and plenty of places to eat and shop all inside the hotel.  Hope this helps!

• chelbell11chelbell11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Grand Traverse Resort is great. The rooms are VERY nice and I would venture to say that it is among the best places, if not the best, to stay in the Traverse City area. During the summer the prices are extremely high, but it would be a great place to spend your wedding night ;) (many rooms have jacuuzi tubs!!). I've never been to the spa but I've heard it is wonderful. Again, though, during the summer prices are sky high but if your wedding is during the off-season, you can get some great packages that will save you a bundle!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards