Michigan-Northern
Options

outdoor ceremony ideas in petoskey mi?

I am planning to have my reception at the Perry Hotel in Petoskey and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a outdoor ceremony in petoskey? Has anyone/is anyone doing a wedding at the petoskey waterfall down by lake Michigan? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Re: outdoor ceremony ideas in petoskey mi?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My best friend got married there last summer.  When you rent the space (I think through the city), you actually get the space by the waterfall and across the street closer to the water.  I think the space directly by the water is a lot nicer for the actually wedding.  You could still take pictures by the waterfall, but the pictures of the ceremony were really pretty with the water in the background.

At Bay View Inn, I think there is an outdoor ceremony space, which you may be able to get by booking a Stafford's reception.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can try Camp Petosega. It's a bit farther from downtown, but they have a new pavilion and it's right by the water

BabyFruit Ticker
    Cycle #1 6/26/2010 IUI- BFN (TTC break)
    Cycle #2 4/24/2011 IUI- BFN
    Cycle #3 3/30/2012 IUI- BFP!!!
    HB@8 weeks= 154, HB@12 weeks= 180
    Grow, baby, grow!

White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011

the inn at bay harbor has a gorgeous area for an outdoor ceremony right on the water.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought they did ceremonies in the courtyard at the Perry? 
  • Options
    biltzmicbiltzmic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help!

They do have ceremonies outside at the Perry, however I am planning to have the reception outside there already and I would like to have the ceremony closer to the water.  I like the idea of the waterfall so I will look into it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards