Michigan-Northern
Options

Outdoor Wedding in Michigan

Does anyone have a good suggestion for an outdoor fall wedding in Michigan?  My fiance and I aren't city specific, we just want to be married outdoors in a semi wooded area to get all the colors of fall. Any help would be awesome!

Re: Outdoor Wedding in Michigan

• Options
    chelbell11chelbell11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Crystal Mountain in Thompsonville has at least two places where you can have your ceremony outside. I think they have a tent area for receptions too, in addition to the regular indoor banquet rooms.
  • Options
    checkitnicecheckitnice member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dow Gardens in Midland is gorgeous, or many of the university gardens would be great!
  • Options
    spalkospalko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Homestead in Glen Arbor has 3 absolutely beautiful outdoor ceremony sites. Two are for smaller weddings and the third is for larger weddings. The third one is on top of one of there ski hills and over looks one of the surrounding lakes. Everything about it is amazing, other than the price tag which is the only reason FI and I could not get married there :(

There is also the Manistee Audobon Society in Manistee. Its a wildlife perserve so it's very wooded and the ceremony location overlooks Lake Michigan. The groundskeeper live on the property and they let you use their house to get ready in. Its very well kept, the girls get ready upstairs and the guys get ready downstairs. Offers lots of potentals for wedding pictures. The downfall is having the reception there would require a tent and you cannot have alcohol on the property.
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • Options
    kr815babykr815baby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out the Inn at Stonecliffe on Mackinac Island.  They have a great outdoor location for ceremonies and receptions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd also check out Boyne Highlands or Boyne Mountain (in Harbor Springs and Boyne City respectively). Or Frog Pond near Interlochen. Also, the Headlands near Mackinaw City looks really neat, too. It's right on the big lake and owned by Emmet County, so the prices are quite reasonable. Plus, you can rent out the two houses there for your wedding party.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Chippewa Nature Center is very wooded in Midland, MI not sure if they do weddings, but I don't see why they wouldn't  

The Univeristy in Traverse city is super gorgeous as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards