California-Orange County

Hotel Laguna? We are a couple days away from booking...

We live about 4 hours away from our potential ceremony and reception venue (Hotel Laguna in Laguna Beach), and just drove up a week ago to view it. We absoultely love it, being that it offers everything we want and it's affordable! Has anyone else gotten married there and if so were you satisfied? She sent us the contract and we have a few days to sit on it? I would greatly appreciate everyone's opinion...

Re: Hotel Laguna? We are a couple days away from booking...

• jenbatjenbat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at it and one thing we didn't like was you had to use their approved vendors.  Before booking, I would check prices of those vendors to make sure you don't get in over your head.  You could get a good deal at the hotel, but have to pay a ton of money for flowers, a cake and photos. 

Also, my husband was in a summer wedding there.  The hotel lot ran out of parking spaces so had to find parking in town then walk down to the hotel - even though they had valet parking.  My husband was almost late and he was the Best Man!

I grew up in Laguna, so I know where to park - but it isn't easy in the summer for people who don't know their way around town.  Otherwise, it's an older hotel (which I like) and in a beautiful location.
  • JuneMaggieJuneMaggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PARKING- agreed, check into parking. 

I am in LB almost every weekend for breakfast at the White House (yum!) and the parking can be a huge pain and I am not the hotel can handle it, so that would be number 1 on my list to verify and get in writing.  
  • edited December 2011
    Hello ladies!

I would just like to clarify: The Hotel Laguna does provide a vendor list of reputable wedding vendors who are familiar with the Hotel and have been there before, but brides are more than welcome to bring in whomever they wish for their services.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards