California-Orange County

OC Florists Suggestions for LB Wedding?

Can you ladies please assist me with some florist suggestions? I have spoken over the phone to one florist briefly and then tried to e-mail her and call her on several occasions to schedule a meeting but have not received a response back in 5 days. I have pics of the flowers that I want and know that this particular florist did them, but can't any florist mimic a floral arrangement or bouquet if they have a pic? Should I forget about this florist even though I absolutely LOVE the pics of their flowers or am I overreacting b/c my wedding is still a ways away, August 14, 2010? If any of you have heard of the following florists can you please provide some feedback or even make your own florist suggestions?? Every Bloomin' Thing- Costa Mesa This Old Garden Gallery - Tustin My Fair Lady Flowers - Laguna Beach

Re: OC Florists Suggestions for LB Wedding?

• JenLeuJenLeu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I haven't heard of any of those florists, but I love mine...Leanna with Bella Blooms (info in my bio).  She always responds to my e-mails promptly and had some great ideas during my consultation.  Her quote was also very reasonable and I like working with her so far. Good luck!
  • LAHwed2010LAHwed2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, that place looks like they do nice work! Has anyone also heard of Florals By Jenny in Laguna Beach?
  • edited December 2011
    Don't know about those florists, but I used Twisted Twig in Santa Ana (located in the part of Santa Ana that's close to Tusin).  They were one of my top two favorite vendors because they were so good about communicating with me, so I doubt you'd have the same issue with them.  Easy communication was key for me since I planned my SoCal wedding from afar.  I contacted them first through their website and went through email after that.  They always got back to me within a day or two.And in terms of mimicing ideas, I think they can work with you on that.  I didn't get a chance to see any mock-ups until the week before my wedding, so all I did was send photos and ask if they could do something similar and take into account a few specific details that I had.  For my bouquet, I sent several photos of bouquets I liked and said "I want something along these lines with these colors" and let their creative minds go to work - the results were perfect and surpassed my own imagination.  I had a very specific idea on my centerpieces based on a photo and one suggested tweak - they turned out perfect!
  • edited December 2011
    Floral Occasions by Stacey Fitts in San Juan Capistrano. I'm getting married in three weeks (ahh!) and had checked out My Fair Lady Flowers. I really thought they were boring and over priced for something that I'd seen a million times. Stacey has been wonderful; she knows how to translate ideas into lovely bouquets and centerpieces as well as expand my thoughts into appropriate suggestions. And, most importantly, she was willing to work with me on a tight budget. And yes you may be over reacting. You have plenty of time! The florist you are trying to reach may see that you have enough time and knows she can get back to you after she's done with what's on her plate now. If you truly love her images, then give her time to get back to you. It may prove worth the wait.Many Blessings!
  • edited December 2011
    Any floral shop can mimic a design of a picture.  You should always be able to reach your consultant or florist.  It's bad customer service when they don't get back to you unless of course they are on vacation (we do take them!.. hahaha) but if you don't feel good with them then....Try us... Petals by Xavi **Ask to meet with me if you call the 800 number... Michellewww.bestweddingcompany.com& www.petalsbyxavi.comI can sit with you, go over your vision and price everything out. Office number - 866.551.2199My number - 201.755.9069
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards