California-Orange County

Vendor Reviews

Hi gals... been a long time since I posted. It got so hectic right before the wedding and then we had the wedding, the honeymoon and right after, I started back to work with the new school year. Whew! Anyway, I got married July 25th in North OC and thought I'd leave some reviews for you ladies who are in the early planning stages: Ceremony:Fullerton Arboretum A-They were great... the planning was easy. Liz, the head gal, is so laid back and easy to work with. My only complaint was the day of lady was a little frazzled but it worked out just fine. It's a beautiful location. ReceptionBrea Community Center outdoor Arts garden  AGreat to work with, on top of responding to needs/requests. It's a total DIY place but it was inexpensive, which is nice. It's also a beautiful outdoor location for a wedding of less than 125. CaterersCountry Garden Caterers AAwesome awesome awesome... they were reasonably priced (especially after some heavy negotiating) and they not only catered but decorated the buffet beautifully. We hired the owner to do DOC for $250 and she did all the set up for us, put centerpieces out, tablecloths, head table decor, etc. It was gorgeous!Photography   Henri Raynaud    DAt first, I was really impressed with him. He did our epics and they were great!! I emailed a list of specific family combos I wanted and expected to have. On the day of the wedding, afterwards, I felt so rushed through the family pics. It was like he couldn't handle so many people around so I didn't get a lot of combos that I wanted. I really regret that. Also, it's been two months and I haven't heard from him or seen my pics..... Backup Photographer   Ahttp://rawpixelmedia.wordpress.com/Nathan did some backup for us. He's building up his portfolio so is doing them for free. He was great and these are the only pro pics I have... DressesDavid's Bridal   A... all worked out great! No complaints! I went to the one in Brea and they're wonderful there. The seamstress, Elena, is the best!TuxesElite Tuxedo   A-Los AngelesGreat Price negotiated there. We paid $87.50 for each of the groomsmen and $45 for groom. They were easy to work with. Of course, it happened to be prom season when we went so they were quite busy but super nice/helpful. CakeCalico Cake SHoppe     AThey were WONDERFUL! The cake was soo good and moist, it was exactly what I envisioned in my head and they were super nice and helpful!

Re: Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews - I'm sorry to hear about your 1st photographer - I think that is our worst nightmare... But hopefully it will all work out and he is just really really slow:-)  But your other pictures came out great and it looked like you guys had a GREAT time.  Glad you had a wonderful wedding and honeymoon. Oh and I love the bubble blower :-)
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I FINALLY got them back! They're beautiful!!! :) He ended up doing a great job, but I still didn't get a few poses that I wanted. Oh well, I really like the ones of DH and I. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards