California-Orange County
Options

Laguna Beach Wedding

Has anyone had or have been to a ceremony at either Crescent Bay Park or the gazebo at Heisler Park by Las Brisas? Both my fi and I have been married already, and we thought about just eloping, but the idea of a really small (immediate family only) ceremony would be nice.  Oh and I need to figure it out and plan it in 3 months :) TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Laguna Beach Wedding

• Options
    lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, Your wedding sounds exciting. Well, the only thing I can say about the gazebo/the beach is....I believe my sister looked into it but that it is a public space and I don't think you could block it off or make it private. I think that goes for most beach weddings. Would that be ok with you if strangers were around and watching? It is just something to think about. Best of Luck.
  • Options
    uppsiedaisyuppsiedaisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother just got married at the beach below Heisler Park and it was great. You need to get a permit and I don't think you need one for the gazebo but yes, it is public and can not reserve it but you can just send someone down there to just let people know and hold it like an hour or so ahead of time. People will be respectful.
  • Options
    jenbatjenbat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I grew up in Laguna and have attended a wedding at Crescent Bay Park. I would choose Crescent Bay over Heisler Park because it is more private. You do have to get a permit and I think they limit both the time and the number of people who can attend. A small wedding would work for sure.
  • Options
    Beatlgirl09Beatlgirl09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  Great minds think alke- my fiance and I checked out both of those also.  Crescent Bay costs about $260, and Heisler about $210.  This is for 2 hrs, and there's no way to make it truly private.  Both are beautiful though!  My downside to Crescent Bay is that there are no bathrooms.  Laguna Beach also doesn't allow any set-ups.  Hope that helps!
  • Options
    sonjalundahlsonjalundahl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My fiance and I are planning our wedding at the gazebo for Sept 2011. You have to get a permit and you aren't allowed to use any chairs or tables. There are 2 benches that hold up to 10 people total, the rest would have to stand around the gazebo.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in the area and have seen weddings around those places.  They are beautiful spots and I do believe you need permits for both.

• Options
    I'm curious where you can find that information about the Crescent Bay and Heisler.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards