California-Orange County

LBC Aquarium of the Pacific

Hi - my fiance and I are looking for a wedding reception location. We are getting married in San Pedro at the Korean Bell Friendship Park but are not having our reception there. I came across the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach as a possible wedding reception location. Has anyone ever been to a wedding there? How's the food, etc???Please let me know! Thanks so much!

Re: LBC Aquarium of the Pacific

• lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attended a night time event there with a friend--the aquarium was closed to the public and open to registered guests. Is that the same way a wedding works? Being at the aquarium at night was really fun and unique. The food was great (the event just had appitizers) and they had several bar stations for wine and maybe cocktails? I can't remeber. That seems like a really unique place for a wedding. I am getting married in Long Beach at the Ebell (info on my bio) but I also really liked the Long Beach Museum of Art.
  • edited December 2011
    It was beautiful. We had our prom there 6 years ago. BUT i remeber it all bc it was unforgetable!  It was soo romantic you get the whole thing all to yourself. The food was delicious i still remember it. I knew right there and then (at my prom) that we wanted our food at our wedding to be like that. Of course it is expensive but if you have the money and you want a beach theme wedding DO IT! some issues were: The onnly thing was parking you have to pay for all your guest. oh and they open up the whole aquirum and I personally would want all eyes on me but guest might be tempted to look around and see everything.. which is whatt we did. BUT WE LOVED IT! 
    they're not mistakes, just learning opportunities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards