California-Orange County

OC venues help!

Hi!

I need some help looking for a venue in the OC area.  We have about 15-16000 to spend on a venue for about 200 people.  This includes, food, beverage, cake cutting cost and rental fees.  Can anybody suggest anything?  Please help!

Thanks!

Re: OC venues help!

• edited December 2011
    I'm in a simelar situation. We have 10,000 tops to spend on just the reception and expected guest count is 150. We've been touring 3-4 venue sites every weekend for three weekends in a row and so far we haven't found anything that works for both of us. My fiance is putting up all of the money for the reception and what he really wants is a family reunion. He wants to invite everyone in his family tree and he thinks we can just rent some rec room somewhere and serve everyone $20 per person catering and use whatever standard linens and centerpieces they have. I have a very small family with very good taste and my family and I really want a classy, beautiful wedding. Unfortunatly though my family isn't helping us out financially enough to make this happen with my fiance's crazy guest count. I've gotten so frustraited I've decided to take a break from looking. OC wedding venues really need to bring their prices down. I'm having a bridzilla moment I guess because my whole life I've looked forward to planning my wedding so much and it's really just turned into a heartbreak. I know in my heart he is right though, that we should be able to have all 150 guests for 10,000 because that's a lot of money and that it would just be crazy to spend any more than that. PLEASE if anyone has some sort of secret inexpensive but nice wedding venue speak up!   
  • losspre6682losspre6682 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hello my name is cynthia. well we have a beautiful venue in Northridge, CA. its mansion house. Great affordable prices as well. if you want to see pics of the house and of events check out our site at franksvenue.com. if you have any questions call us our number is on the website
  • edited December 2011
    Have either of you looked at Tivoli Too in Laguna or the Hacienda in Santa Ana?
    My sister was married at Tivoli Terrace and it was beautiful!
    Those are all inclusive (ie: food, cake, drinks, linens, etc.) Hosted bar included, beer (Stella and another, so good beer) wine, and champagne.
    Tivoli Too is bigger, so its probably good for you. I think the Hacienda in S.A holds large parties too.. (I looked at all 3 but we ended up going with the Muckenthaler Mansion in Fullerton.)
    All of these have a garden-like feel so you dont have to do too much as far as decor, and again the food, cake, drinks, etc were great.

With the budgets and guest lists you both mentioned, I would say these are good options.
    Good Luck! Ill post again if I think of others Smile

• edited December 2011
    Take a look at El Adobe.
  • e512944e512944 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies,
    I have looked at the Tivoli too and Hacidena, Tivoli too i think was too small but the Hacienda was still up there.  I would have loved to do it at El Adobe, but my best friend was just married there and since we are getting married in the same church, i thought it might be a little bit too much of a copy cat scenario...

Has anyone looked into the crystal ball room?  I am having the hardest time getting in contact with them:(  but the place looks amazing
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_oc-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:63Discussion:28cacbc3-9ee5-4f64-91fd-8ca9b338160aPost:9fd8c240-be0d-4013-a8e3-f976fc881831">Re: OC venues help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Ladies, I have looked at the Tivoli too and Hacidena, Tivoli too i think was too small but the Hacienda was still up there.  I would have loved to do it at El Adobe, but my best friend was just married there and since we are getting married in the same church, i thought it might be a little bit too much of a copy cat scenario... Has anyone looked into<strong> the crystal ball room? </strong> I am having the hardest time getting in contact with them:(  but the place looks amazing
    Posted by e512944[/QUOTE]

This is kind of funny, I JUST drove by this hotel on our way home from Del Mar on Sunday! I didnt even know it was there! It looks great on Here Comes the Guide and the hotel website:

<a href="http://www.herecomestheguide.com/southern-california/wedding-venues/crystal-ballroom-laguna-hills/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.herecomestheguide.com/southern-california/wedding-venues/crystal-ballroom-laguna-hills/</a>

<a href="http://www.thelagunahillshotel.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.thelagunahillshotel.com/</a>
  • DeannaCWDeannaCW member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked there, it was really gorgeous (and you can change the color of the room through some already-installed lights!).  Plus you get your wedding night hotel room there included in the price.  We felt it was too ornate for our personalities (we're very simple people), but it was lovely, especially if you're having a larger affair.

I was going to recommend El Adobe as well, it's where we're having our reception, but I get the copycat thing :P
  • cathy92708cathy92708 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried the Talega Golf Club in San Clemente? We, too had visited about every place in OC trying to find THE one and stay within our budget. Michael at Talega is very understanding of budgets. We are getting married there in Oct. The place is beautiful and Michael is great to work with. Can't wait.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards