California-Orange County

Need advice for a Socal wedding venue

I am engaged and currently living in Portland, OR but we are relocating to Orange County by March 2011. We are planning a wedding for late summer 2011 and would LOVE to have it on the beach in Cali. I would prefer a house/beachfront venue versus your typical dining hall. I looked on a vacation rentals by owner website but wonder if anyone else has done this and had success? Any advice on the rules/regulations and locations? Anywhere along the Southern California beach is ideal. OR.....what about having it on a yacht? Any advice is welcomed.

Re: Need advice for a Socal wedding venue

• MissMexMissMex member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you would Love the Crystal Cove Beach Cottages. You can rent the cottages or the restaurant. 
    Good luck!

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

• jilly884jilly884 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hummm something different on the beach.  I think you might really like the Long Beach Museum of Art which is a historic house on the cliff overlooking the beach.  Or you can do a google search for "Laguna (or Newport) beach vacation rentals" and find a private house maybe.
  • SydneyCameronSydneyCameron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in San Clemente and I know there are a few reasonable venues in San Clemente and San Juan Capistrano maybe ten minutes from S.C. also check Dana Point and Laguna Beach areas are your best bet for a beach wedding
  • jenbatjenbat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your budget and number of guests will drive your options.  For a public beach wedding, you'll need permits.  Some of the locations in Laguna that are public have limits on the number of guests.  Take a look at Pacific Edge in Laguna.  

Get ready.....most everything here is going to be more expensive than OR.
  • edited December 2011
    For the yacht you can look into Electra Cruises. The prices are very reasonable and it is all inclusive.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_need-advice-socal-wedding-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:63Discussion:32178ac8-37d6-453b-b09b-35639f75126cPost:4e5c9f5d-61d4-4f3e-bbad-57e49f389f83">Re: Need advice for a Socal wedding venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hummm something different on the beach.  I think you might really like the Long Beach Museum of Art which is a historic house on the cliff overlooking the beach.  Or you can do a google search for "Laguna (or Newport) beach vacation rentals" and find a private house maybe.
    Posted by jilly884[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>THIS. There are also several yacht companies that do events, like Fantasea Yachts. 

</div>
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • bregy4bregy4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just found Cannons in Dana Point-- amazing ocean and harbor views and totally affordable...great to work with too! Best Wishes
  • edited December 2011
    An All Inclusive event at Laguna Village is where i'm getting married. It's overlooking all of Laguna and there are stairs that lead to the sand and they're very reasonably priced from what i've all seen when I was looking around
  • leahysleahys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're going to love southern CA!  I grew up in Newport Beach. 
    Our daughter wants to have a beach wedding/ reception (08/10/12).  Would love to hear back from you about your wedding plans! 
    Mother of the bride 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards