California-Orange County

OC Locations with Ocean Views with Ceremony on a Patio?

Hi. This is very, very specific. My fiance is Greek/Persian/Croatian and half my family is also Mediteanean by way of Israel (I'm Jewish, he's Agnostic and doesn't really mind a Jewish ceremony so we are having a very Reform Jewish ceremony). It was fairly easy for us to decide on a "theme". We want somewhere that feels Mediterranean with of course Mediterranean food (buffet preferred). We would like to bring in our own caterer (we have a favorite CHEAP Greek place that would cater), but can stick to not doing that for a geat location.

We really LOVED Ole Hanson Beach Club in San Clemente, but the parking situation there along with other restrictions, and the nickle and diming made us scratch it out. We haven't seen a place since like it and we have checked out Herecomestheguide, Theknot, ProjectWedding, etc (basically every wedding forum though Google!).

We are on a budget and would prefer a vendor that pretty much lets us bring in whoever we want, but where they have few restrictions on sound/caterers/lighting, and have plenty of parking where people don't need to drive all over the place and walk in heels (looked into doing the bus thing, but I don't want people to feel like they are stuck at our wedding...). We both live in LA, but he is from OC, and I am from San Diego so we are open to anywhere in Southern California.

Can any of you think of locations that we possibly never thought of? PLEASE NOTHING ON A BOAT!!!!

Thanks

Re: OC Locations with Ocean Views with Ceremony on a Patio?

• I'm not sure if they let you bring in outside catering but what about http://www.caprilaguna.com/?

There's also Casa Romantica in San Clemente. It's more of a Spanish Mediterranean, but they'll let you bring in caterers.
  • I'm not sure about your budget, but you may want to look into the Ocean Institute in Dana Point. They have a few options for catering and have been flexible with me so far. I'm using Party In a Box catering and I know Dawn can make just about anything. Good luck!
  • I recommend Pacific Villas in Laguna, ocean front ceremonies for up to between 75-100 guests I believe. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards