California-Orange County

Let's see who is around!

I figured since this board is pretty quiet, I thought it would be nice if we could get a little post going about who everyone is and when we are getting married.

So here is mine!

My name is Sarah, I'm 27, and I live in Fountain Valley. I am currently a full time student. I had to quit my job in January to go back to school, but it was a great decision! I have been with my fiance for over 3 years but we have known each other since we were in kindergarten. We are getting married on 1-12-13 in Irvine and will be going to Hawaii for our honeymoon. 4 days after we get back, my school semester starts!

Now it is your turn!Smile

Re: Let's see who is around!

• I know this is board is sooo dead :(  

Here's something about me!  

I'm Pam and I'm 27 (going to be 28 in a few weeks).  FI and I bought a townhouse last year in Ladera Ranch.  We love it here!  We're getting married on 10-14-12 at Seven Degrees in Laguna Beach.  We got engaged in May 2011 so we will be engaged for 17 months by the time the wedding gets here...I can't believe it's so close.  It feels like yesterday when I had so much time to plan!  FI have been together just under 10 years.  Our wedding date is just 2 days after our first date (our homecoming dance) 10 years before.  We'll be going to Jamaica to Couples Tower Isle for our HM.  At this point, we're kinda looking more forward to that than the wedding.  This wedding is getting so stressful!  Hope everyone's planning is going well!  
    Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2
  • Hi Pam! Happy early birthday!!!! I love Seven Degrees! It is beautiful venue. I think by the time the wedding rolls around most people are just ready for the honeymoon! I know I am, and I'm not nearly as close to my date as you are.

• Hi Everyone

My name is Jackie and I'll be 36 on Tuesday. My FI and I have been engaged since May 2012. We're getting married Oct 2013, either the 12th or 19th at the Norman P Murray center in Mission Viejo. My FI and I went to high school together and lost contact for many years but reconnected on facebook almost 3 years ago. We started dating just over 2 years ago. Because we're on such a tight budget our honeymoon will most likely be a week in Big Bear at his mom's cabin. I'm a stress freak and try to be very organized so I've already got a lot of the planning out of the way in hopes of keeping my stress down.
  • Hi Jackie! Happy early birthday to you too! I have never been to Big Bear. We went to Mammoth last year and I got to ski for the first time, it was a blast. I would love to rent a cabin in Big Bear and just stay curled up by the fire. So much more cozy and relaxed than a hotel. Let us know if you need any help keeping your stress down! I'm really Type A when it comes to planning, so I'm super organized too.

• Hi, this is Yadi, turned 26 last week, been living with my boyfriend for 7 years and we now have a 2 year old, a wedding is waaaaaaaaay over due. no budget set yet, looking to marry 4/19/2014 for free at newport beach. looking for reception banquet near newport beach for about 50 guests, going crazy, can't find anything cheap.
  • Welcome!

Newport Beach probably isn't going to be the cheapest place to look. Dana Point might be better. Look for venues that are non-wedding related. Community Centers, some nice libraries, parks, things like that.

Can you really get married for free on the beach in Newport? I haven't heard that before. If you have that info, you should post it for others that are looking for beach weddings. If you're still looking to see if you can do that, most times there is a few to have a ceremony on the beach.

You have plenty of time. So do a ton of research and you can find great deals!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards