California-Orange County

Day of Coordinator

Just was wondering if anyone knows of a good "day of" coordinator for a wedding.  We are not having a large wedding...but are looking for someone to help and keep the day on track and so our families aren't running around and can enjoy the day.  The ones I've been seeing want $1400..it just seems so insane to me since we have everything pretty much organized.

Re: Day of Coordinator

• edited December 2011
    We hired Wedding Jeannie as our month-of consultant, but I believe she provides day-of service as well.  My wedding is in August, but her reviews on Wedding Wire were pretty good.  Good luck!
  • jenbatjenbat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Melody Walker for our wedding and were happy with her service and rates.  Her web site is www.melodysweddings.com.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Theresa at Dream Weddings Happen

www.dreamweddingshappen.com
  • edited December 2011
    Gayle from A Sparkling Event. I used her and she was AMAZING. She also has good reviews on weddingwire.

http://www.asparklingeventbygayle.com/

• KristenG2011KristenG2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone...I'll definitely look at their sites. :)
  • louellamchlouellamch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kristen
    My name is Louella and I have been coordinating weddings for more than 10 years. However, I recently just developed it into a business. We are both decorators and planners, so you get 2 services for the price of one. Our day coordination starts at $200 and depends on what else you want me to do.
    Please visit our website that was only created 4 weeks ago and has more than 1800 hits.    http://affordableeventplanners.blogspot.com/
    You can also call me at (949) 291-2800
  • SheerDelightsSheerDelights member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello:

Try Wenda with More than Just Weddings or Donya with As You Like Services.

Good Luck!
  • dmullicandmullican member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with Crystal from Designs for Less Events. She's awesome, and like you I was struggling with finding a DOC for far less than $1400. A lot of her "standard services" are things you'd have to pay for with other companies. I think in total, including the rehersal I'm at $475. It's not too bad... I really recommend her!

http://designsforlessevents.webs.com/

happy planning!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
     I went with Love.Anne.Joy Design + Events Pam and Vivian where amazing they went above and beyond.  They were on top of things since the day I contacted them and thats was months before my wedding. The day of my wedding they took care of everything.  I was lucky to have them and they are very affordable.
  • pnkprincess2pnkprincess2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hired Kennedy Events. Both of my sisters used them when they got married plus they are on the preferred vendor list at my venues. They are AMAZING!!!!! They charge a flat rate $800 for mini doc and $1,200 for their standard DOC package but they have real great perks that no other wedding planners I interviewed had like a MASSIVE linen inventory with linens starting at just $8, $2 chair covers rentals, an online planning thing that allowed me to do all my planning online and had tons and tons of vendors listed, planing guides. Plus you get to borrow (for free) things like charger plates, cake stands, aisle runners. They very were professional on my sisters wedding day and I can't wait to work with them on mine. So far they have answered e-mails within a matter of hours and sent me daily planning tips via e-mail. Their phone number is (562) 912-2280. Give them a try. 

Their website is kennedycouturelinens.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards