Ohio-Cincinnati

Well that was fun!

Let's do it again! :) Our wedding day was the best day of our lives. Period.  Honestly, I'm still floating on cloud 9... I am completely unmotivated to write vendor reviews, simply because everything and everyone was fantastic.  The rehearsal, the ceremony, the reception, the friends and family celebrating together-- it was all truly overwhelming, and I feel so blessed and lucky to have had such an incredible experience.  So, that being said, more detailed reviews will appear in a "Married Bio," but till then, here is a list of places, people, and companies that helped make our wedding day so magnificent.  Most of these vendors have websites that can be found easily through Google, but you can also look at my planning bio if you want some direct links. I would recommend all of the following without reservation: Caterer (Rehearsal and Reception)-- Martha's CateringCeremony-- Sycamore Presbyterian ChurchPhotographer-- Lowry Photo (Greg Christophel was our photographer, along with an assistant photographer)Florist-- A Gathering of Flowers (Terri Muennich)Ceremony Music-- Altissimo (a string-quartet student group) Dresses-- David's Bridal (Kenwood-- ask for Kathy)Alterations-- Pauline Miller (her business is "Stitches by Pauline")Tuxes-- Folchi's FormalwearTent/Rentals-- Kosins (out of Dayton) Beverage Service-- Bars on WheelsD.J.-- Wavemakers Media (ask for Kevin)Stationery-- Invitations were from Land of Oz (Cheviot), programs were through Kinkos, and all other stationery was done through Vistaprint.comHair/Beauty-- My awesome friend Tina, and she works at Anthony's Salon in Bridgetown. Hotel-- Hyatt Place in Deerfield Township-------------------------------------------------------I'm sure there is something that I am missing, but this is what I have off the top of my head! :)  If you want any more details on anything, please feel free to ask.  This board has given me more than just well-informed decisions in the planning process, but it brought me a new set of friends as well.  If there is anything I can give back to this board, it's my experience and advice-- but only if you ask for it :)  My husband (EEEE!!!) and I paid for this ourselves, and I am very proud to say that we didn't charge a dime.  It took a lot of research and a lot of planning, but we did it.  And if I can help someone else accomplish this goal, then I will what I can to help out. :)Our wedding day was perfect for us... and it is my sincere hope that all you ladies will be able to say the same thing after your own special days.  Thanks to all, and good luck! ~Jen :)

Re: Well that was fun!

• DebbydewDebbydew member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So glad you had a great day! Can I ask you how much Wavemakers charged and what kind of package you had? Thanks so much!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Debbydew, Kevin is an old friend, so he gave me discount ($450), but he said for what we wanted, he would usually charge around $600 (I think... either that or $650 for 4 hours)  We actually ended up buying an extra hour the night of the wedding because our guests just weren't done dancing :) HTH!
  • bbohacbbohac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did your hair and makeup person, Tina, travel to you or did you do it at her salon? Also do you have here contact info? TIA!!
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw some of your pics on Facebook (we have a mutual friend I am guessing) looks like you had a great time. You looked beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Kel! :) Tina DID come to me-- but remember, she was my friend before she was my hairdresser, so that may have something to do with it.  If you need her to come to you for the day of, just ask her-- the worst that will happen is that she'll say "no." :) Here's the salon's website: http://anthonyssalon.com/index.html
  • edited December 2011
    So glad everything went so well.  Get used to typing DH, it takes a while!  Congrats!
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm so happy you had a wonderful wedding. I hope that mine will be as wonderful and peaceful as yours was! Also, can you please tell me more about Altissimo?
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • hccpsuhccpsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad everything went so well!  You'll have to post photos or a link when you get them. Thanks again for the B&F bridal bucks--I used them to get my shoes dyed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards