California-Orange County

Venue Wanted - Forest, Mountains, & 150 Guests for $0

August 2012 Wedding

I met my fiancee in Idyllwild, CA at a music camp and I'd like to have the same feel of natural forest and open mountainous space for our wedding.  I'd also like to keep the wedding close enough to home so that most of our friends can attend.  We live in Fountain Valley.  I have virtually no money to spend so I've looked at a lot of parks and such but I can't find a place big enough that's the right feel.  Any help will be much appreciated!  Even seperate ceremony site from reception site?

Re: Venue Wanted - Forest, Mountains, & 150 Guests for $0

• I'm not sure about mountains in OC - but the closest is hills overlook beach in Dana Point. Check out this link: http://www.danapoint.org/index.aspx?page=312
    Daily price to have 150 guests is $450 + $75 security deposit. You'll have the park for the whole day. And you'll have to get your own vendors.

Good luck!
    Mayco
  • i was going to use santiago event center = super rustic, for the day the field rental was 500$ , everything you would want though would be your own expense after that, they had no restrictions on what you were allowed to bring in since they hose events with alcohol being served, really laid back place, but a bitch to get them to contact you, the field was a little bumpy from constructing and it wasnt going to be leveled out in time for my wedding , but maybe now it would be good for you?, beautiful moutains and trees, the place is mainly used for church retreats, the drive in is beautiful too...through trabuco and santiago canyon is always beautiful! 
    *CowFish Kisses*
  • Hello,
    I own a location scouting business in Southern CA and we scout for weddings primarily.  I would love the opportunity to chat with you to see if I can help you.  We save you time, money and stress because we do all the research and negotiating for  you.
    www.locationconcierges.com213-909-0084
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Best,Laura
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards