California-Orange County

Photography Help - Desperate!!

I am planning my July, 2011 wedding and am having trouble finding a photographer that I like that falls within my budget.  I have set aside $1500 for photography and really only want 1 photographer for 8 hours, images edited, and a copy of them on cd.  I would love to get an album, but realistically cannot afford it at this time. 

Can anyone give me a recommendation for a photographer that did your photos within this budget?  I know that a lot of you have photographers that you love...but I only want those who you know can meet my budget.  Thanks so much!!

Annie

Re: Photography Help - Desperate!!

• edited December 2011
    Hi Annie,

You need to contact Corbin Kell, www.corbinkell.cc, asap he has some specials going on until like the 15th I think and his eight hour package will be right in your $1500 range, plus let him know what you are working with and I a sure he will work with you, he helped me out a bit.

• jenbatjenbat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also try Carly Daniel (carlydaniel.com).  You might have to cut down on your hours as well.
  • momscmomsc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Annie - Stay away from Daniel's Photography & Video in Orange County !
    For more info why go to :  the wedding channel.com  - left side click on wedding photographers - go to Calif.- Orange County area - scroll down to # 8  and read. This man just doesn't care, he gets his money and moves on. Ya.... I'm on a mission to save any bride the disappointment !
       ~ One unhappy "Mother Of The Bride" ~
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Angel G photography. I think her packages start at $900 for 6 hours and then it is $175 for each hour after that.

http://angelgphotography.com/

• jenbatjenbat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_photography-desperate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:63Discussion:b421d564-0703-4b10-bca5-f445574205c8Post:8a849012-67d6-45a8-9db7-3809f8c191bb">Re: Photography Help - Desperate!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Annie - Stay away from Daniel's Photography & Video in Orange County ! For more info why go to :  the wedding channel.com  - left side click on wedding photographers - go to Calif.- Orange County area - scroll down to # 8  and read. This man just doesn't care, he gets his money and moves on. Ya.... I'm on a mission to save any bride the disappointment !    ~ One unhappy "Mother Of The Bride" ~
    Posted by momsc[/QUOTE]

<div>We went with Carly, not her father's business.  I don't know anything about her Father's business, but she was great.</div>
  • jenbatjenbat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_photography-desperate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:63Discussion:b421d564-0703-4b10-bca5-f445574205c8Post:47b0439f-645d-413f-8a44-f87c52fd0b14">Re: Photography Help - Desperate!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know anything about Carly but if she is the daughter of Michael he told us she works with him in his "Family" business. When we met him he was also really great.....before.....Get everything in writing!!   So Anyway  - HAPPY WEDDING !   I hope your day is wonderful and I wish you all the best!
    Posted by momsc[/QUOTE]

My day was a year and a half ago and it was wonderful.  If you didn't get something in writing, shame on you. 
  • momscmomsc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Sorry my response  was meant for VNTGANN getting married July 2011....
    YES - We DID get a contract but what we received was far from what we were promised! Inexperienced!! Unorganized!! Poor quality shots!! Wow I could go on and on... I am glad your day was wonderful.  :)
  • edited December 2011

2 Rings and a Dress. Tracey is great and their starting package is right at your budget which is really unheard of. Tell her Jenny F sent you. Good luck!

• moaemoae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.moaestory.com
    We're shoting both "digital and film" !!

• edited December 2011
    I try to sell my photograher to everyone, we are so happy with them that even after we change location to another state we are willing to pay additional money to keep them and they are still under the budget price you are set at...

.but they really are a great team, really experience...they just don't take wedding photos but they have a lot for photography period and I think that really makes a difference. 

Ray & Terry Green
    www.greenphotography1.com
  • edited December 2011
    check out photographybyjulio.com He's going to do ours and is inexpensive and he really takes pride in his photos, He's Fullerton local. Good luck!
    they're not mistakes, just learning opportunities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kliekhuskliekhus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Mike Arick.  Since you just want the 1 photographer, your budget works great with what he offers.  We are using him for the wedding and he did our engagement pictures as well (it comes with the package).  He did an awesome job.  My mom is a professional photographer so I am pretty picky with my pictures and I was more than pleased with his work.  Check out his website at www.mikearickphotography.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JoveFSYJoveFSY member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Annie,

My wife, Annie, + I are wedding photographers. Our  lowest package starts at $1200, which includes an engagement session, 2 photogs, and DVD of images.  Feel free to check us out at http://www.jovanniphotography.com

Jove
    http://www.jovanniphotography.com
    909-996-6309
  • edited December 2011
     suggest Jaime Davis Photography great prices and she is super personable and i felt very comfortable around her. www.jaimedavisphoto.com def in your budget and some amazing photos. Email is jaimedavisphotography@gmail.com Def within your budget and you get an album!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards