California-Orange County
Options

need help for an open field wedding

I have been looking every where for a cool mission rustic wedding venue but all i see is either too much money or to country rustic, or not big enough for a large reception of 200. So I was thinking, why not just get married in an open field?! I could get the raw wood rectangular tables I want and everything else i envision for my wedding!!

Where can i find, in southern california, an open field, or any inexpensive venue, that i can us/ bring in my own vendors and have the perfect wedding. Does the perfect venue exist ??!!

Re: need help for an open field wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been looking every where for a cool mission rustic wedding venue but all i see is either too much money or to country rustic, or not big enough for a large reception of 200. So I was thinking, why not just get married in an open field?! I could get the raw wood rectangular tables I want and everything else i envision for my wedding!!

Where can i find, in southern california, an open field, or any inexpensive venue, that i can us/ bring in my own vendors and have the perfect wedding. Does the perfect venue exist ??!!
  • Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try your local board for specific venue ideas.

Do you just want the ceremony in the open field, or the ceremony and reception?

A few thigs to consider:

How will your guests get there?  Where will they park? Will they have to walk far (some people can't walk too far).  

Will you be able to bring in electricity for sound, music, etc?   Generators are loud...

Will there be bathrooms nearby? 

What it's hot, cold, or rainy?  Bugs?
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    wcasarwcasar member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into George Key Ranch? It's an outdoor venue where you can have your wedding from 8:00 am - sunset. Alochol is okay with a permit and you bring in your own vendors... You rent it through Orange County Parks.

Also Red Barn Ranch in Huntington Beach. 

Those are my two suggestions. Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the barn in HB, its called Newland.  Has a large outdoot open area 200 might be pushing it a little. Beer & Wine is allowed, and the price is RIGHT!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards