California-Orange County
Options

help, alterations

my wedding is fast approaching and i am on a serious budget, i ordered my dress online, and its wonderful but now im encountering a huge problem, no one will alter my dress because its not bought in there store Im in orange county specifically coasta mesa, help if you know anyone who does this i just need it shortened and taken in;-(

Re: help, alterations

• Options
    melbelle562melbelle562 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    my wedding is fast approaching and i am on a serious budget, i ordered my dress online, and its wonderful but now im encountering a huge problem, no one will alter my dress because its not bought in there store Im in orange county specifically coasta mesa, help if you know anyone who does this i just need it shortened and taken in;-(
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    You need to post this on your local board. This is an international board.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Find a local dry cleaners who does alterations.  Or ask for a reference from the local tuxedo shop. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_help-alterations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:63Discussion:bb0b769d-2a4f-4b1f-8693-8df31ff67b8fPost:9adf6dcb-4165-49fc-ad15-a2a3a71a0c0d">help, alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]my wedding is fast approaching and i am on a serious budget, i ordered my dress online, and its wonderful but now im encountering a huge problem, no one will alter my dress because its not bought in there store Im in orange county specifically coasta mesa, help if you know anyone who does this i just need it shortened and taken in;-(
    Posted by melbelle562[/QUOTE]

I  took my dress to La Vie Rose Alterations in Westmister.  Look the shop up on Yelp if you want to read reviews.  There is also a person in lake forest that has great reviews on yelp, but she works out of her own house.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Check out La Mode Bridal in Tustin. The owner (Dorie) is a pleasure to work with. She seems to enjoy alteration challenges. She accepts dresses purchased from everywhere. I thought her prices were fair and reasonable. Hope this helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards