California-Orange County

Need some advice!

Hi I am new to these boards I have been engaged for a little over a month now and our date is planned for Feb 19th 2011.
Let me start off by saying that we do not have anything booked yet. My mom who says she wants to help pay for the wedding will not talk about or help with anything for my wedding until after my brothers wedding Oct. 23 2010. So with that said my fiance and I are trying to plan things ourselves. we have a very little budget of 5k to 6k. We've talked about eloping but he wants to have a wedding so his grandparents will come down. Anyways does any one have an suggestions on what is the best route to go  as in an all inclusive wedding package somewhere down in Orange County or the Las Vegas area or is it cheaper to do everything by ourselves? Any advice will help!! Its not really that fun planning by yourself :/

Re: Need some advice!

• cloverdryadcloverdryad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in a similar situation, trying to play for a January 16th wedding on really short notice :)

Since Jan-Feb is offseason for most places I'd say ask if they can give you a deal, because I'm finding places are willing to give good discounts for the "unpopular" wedding months.  We're also on a tight budget and I've been keeping track of costs for each location option.

There are pro's and con's to each of the following places but i've found them to be reasonably priced for the facilty, but you'll have to coordinate the food etc yourself.
    - Crossline Community Church (Laguna Hills)
    - Soka University (Aliso Viejo)
    - The Nixon library

If you want to goto places that do it all for you, well, it gets pricey fast.  These places are where I've been looking, not sure it's the best idea for you but it might be worth it to checkt them out.
    - The Hills hotel
    - Rancho las lomas
    - Pacific Hills banquet hall

Hopefully that gets you started.  I'd be happy to pass on more info as I keep looking for locations myself XD

<3
    -V
  • StephanieH78StephanieH78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Los Verdes Golf Course...I found them to be the best price of everything I checked out. I'm having a Friday wedding in August...so I definitely had to do some searching around considering August is prime time. Los Verdes was our choice until the Hyatt HB gave us a good deal.

It would be worth checking out.

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards