California-Orange County

Paying for Bridesmaids Hair and Makeup?????

So I want my bridesmaids to get their hair and makeup done, but my fiancé and I are paying for our entire wedding, so we really cant afford to pay for that too. Most companies want you to have a minimum amount of people for their services so I kind of need to know in advance.

So what should I do? Do i just suck it up and pay, should I offer to pay for half and let them know ahead of time, or give that to them as their gift? I just think its an expensive gift, but not one you would necessarily want. Or maybe do I just ask them and see what they say? I know they are all kind of having a tuff time financially right now so it seems like a ridiculous expense.

Please help!!!

Re: Paying for Bridesmaids Hair and Makeup?????

• edited December 2011
    i would say it depends how big of a deal hair/makeup is to you. if its a MAJOR issue, then you should pay for it. or another option is tell them you'd like their hair (fill in the blank.. half up, all up, down and curled, whatever) and let them decide if they want to get it done with you or elsewhere. i would be somewhat annoyed if the bride told me i HAD to have my hair/makeup done by a certain person AND had to pay for it, regardless of the cost.
    Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ms.ritaliums.ritaliu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My hubby and I were also on a very tight budget.  I didn't pay for my bridesmaids hair or makeup- but I also didn't care a whole lot about it.  I gave my bridesmaids the option of getting their hair & makeup done with my makeup artist and hair stylist and told them how much it would cost- but I also gave them the alternative of getting it done elsewhere or doing it themselves.

I was also a bridesmaid last November for my cousin.  She also gave us the same option of getting it done professionally (with us paying) or doing it ourselves. I opted to get my hair done and do my own makeup.  As a bm, i didn't mind.  On the day of- she was generous enough to pay for half of our hair.  I'm sure you're bms would understand if you can't pay for them.

I agree w/ meagenbrand though- if you require them to do it a certain way by a certain person- it'd be annoying to make them pay for all of it.  Options are always nice :)
    ~Rita
  • Tygerlily22Tygerlily22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also look into negotiating a bit with the stylist.  A lot of them will work with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards