California-Orange County

3 grand?

Is it possible to have a wedding in the OC under 3 grand?

Re: 3 grand?

• lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can try, but my friend's backyard wedding at her mom's house with catered Mexican food cost almost $5,000 for like 70 or 80 people (dress, food, table rentals,silverware rental, glass rental, dish rentals, suit, alcohol, and they hired someone to clean during the party so the dishes didn't pile up).
  • ms.ritaliums.ritaliu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's possible! instead of doing a full meal, maybe do heavy appetizers? If you have friends with special skills (photography, DJ, etc) ask them if they'd be willing to do it as a gift to you :) 

how many guests do you have (approx)?
    ~Rita
  • edited December 2011

I saw a venue that did everything and was at a low cost in Wesminister. It was called Westmister Manor. It was the lowest price i saw... but it wasnt what i was looking for. Good luck :D and I agree with Rita have people "sponsor" give yoiu gifts like  a cake or a Dj instead of a toster? Thats what some of my family offered to do for us!

they're not mistakes, just learning opportunities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kitsune143kitsune143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IT IS POSSIBLE!!

I'm doing mine in OC for around that, actually it might be around 4, but close enough. The biggest save was on the ceremony location. My childhood church is only charging us a few hundred.

Also, I got my dress for around 4 hundred at David's Bridal.

We are having the reception at our city Community Center, which is under 50 an hour.

A great way to save is with food. Since our wedding is at 1pm, we are avoiding serving lunch AND dinner (our reception ends at 5pm). We are having a bagels and coffee place do the food (wraps and salads) for us, and they are really affordable.

Also, my photographer has been really affordable and the girl who is making our wedding cake is only charging 200 for a cake to feed 100 people!

I'll give you the names of the people/places I am using if you would like =)
    Best of luck to you!
  • ms.ritaliums.ritaliu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kitsune: You're getting married the day after me!  We only have 2 more weeks!!! 
    ~Rita
  • kitsune143kitsune143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    eek! I know!

2 weeks which are going to fly by!
  • edited December 2011
    I found a few locations today that are low and can work in your budget?! Theres this place near downtown fullerton its called Wilshire Court... and theres this one in Anaheim called The Landmark Anaheim...? I've only been to an event at Wilshire court twice when i was young it was fun?! but Ive never been to an actually even at the other one?! Good Luck and Best Wishes :)
    they're not mistakes, just learning opportunities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards