California-Orange County

Tivoli Terrace?

I'm planning on a small, 50-guest wedding on a budget.  I like the way Tivoli Terrace looks and I am not picky about details so their package deal works for me. But I'm a little suspicious about the online reviews so far.  It is very difficult to find a negative review for Tivoli Terrace.  I just want to know if this place is really that great.  If anyboy had or went to a wedding at Tivoli, I'd appreciate any honest feedback.  Thanks!

Re: Tivoli Terrace?

• edited December 2011
    Please feel free to private message me.  (I wonder if vendors are able to pay websites to get rid of bad reviews... only because I've seen and have become suspicious of this venue's 29 consecutive 5-star reviews).
  • edited December 2011
    Not all of these are 5 stars but they seem to have an overall good rating:

The weddingwire reviews seem a little "iffy" because some of them are 
    reviewed a day within each other. Unless, they do multiple weddings at 
    a time? I agree, it is kind of sketchy. 

• edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the information - it was helpful to see at least a couple of negative reviews. 

If anybody has been to or had their wedding at their wedding at Tivoli Terrace could comment - I'd appreciate it.  Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    ive had a few friends of friends get married there and i always hear nothing but amazing things about it.
  • LisaChris2011LisaChris2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed, I have heard only positive reviews from others that have attended as a guest, and actually had their wedding there. 

To respond to the comment about reviews being added within a day of each other, Tivoli is indeed a "wedding factory" in which they do book more than one wedding a day at their 3 venues.  However, its a very well-run "factory" with experienced coordinators, and their decorations, food, and processes are emaculate.

In fact, my FI and I will be married at Tivoli Too (their sister location across the street) in 2011.  I also don't care about little details and from looking at venue photos, it apears Tivoli does an amazing job with flowers, decor, etc.  The only draw back is the 4-hour time limit for both ceremony and reception, and the outrageous overtime charges.  I had a galfriend that had her wedding at Tivoli Too, and she absolutely loved it there.   Hope this helps!
  • MissMexMissMex member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Brother was married there and so was my Mom's BFF about 20 years ago. Def a wedding Factory, but still much more personal than any other "wedding factory" type of venue. The food was basic banquet hall food, nothing special, but edible. The ceremony itself was amazing though. The location speaks for itself. NMS but a very special place. Good Luck. 

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

• edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your responses!  I feel much more confident about booking there.  :)
  • I got married here in 2005 and people still talk about it being the best wedding they had ever been too!!!  So much fun, the people were amazing to work with and super easy.  I would do it all over again here and yes they deserve 5 stars in my mind!  There limited vendor selection may seem crazy at first but it makes your life as a bride so much easier!
  • I've been to a lot of weddings there and for the money it is for sure they way to go.  However, they have a terrible vendor list.  I recommend going off the grid and hiring at the very least your own photographer and hiring a coordinator.  We're using elle photograpy and leaning highly on Lorrie at OCPartyPlaces.com.  The rest of the vendors are okay to use.
  • Any one else getting married at Tivoli Terrace, Tivoli Too or Hacienda house and had the Open House Tasting discontinued on them AFTER signing the contract?  
  • I am about to sign a contract with them for a June 2013 wedding and they have discontinued the open house tasting. However, when we checked out Tivoli Too, they did comp a big part of our lunch because they know we're deciding between them and Tivoli Terrace.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_tivoli-terrace?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:63Discussion:e2dff77b-d00b-4910-82d8-db3279d5ad85Post:04d5a1d6-9d4d-4767-9c81-56a3988df918">Re: Tivoli Terrace?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any one else getting married at Tivoli Terrace, Tivoli Too or Hacienda house and had the Open House Tasting discontinued on them AFTER signing the contract?  
    Posted by Alayna2345[/QUOTE]
  • Had my wedding at Tivoli terrace. Beautiful venue but a horrible rehearsal and wedding day experience. Wedding-mill style, get you in and out. Rude attitude, rushed, stressed me out on what should have been a great day. May hair and make up gal said please get the wedding nazi out of here I can't take this! My bridesmaids said same thing. I felt like cattle-- get in take the one photo allowed in this time slot, move to the next thing. Lots rude attitude when I wanted anything the least bit unique, like bringing in candles for the tables-- hearing about what a hassle that is for them to light those, and many more things like that. Felt like I was definitely inconveniencing them rather than being treated well at the service I hired them to provide. Nicole was a delight and helped save the day with her cheerful smile and her kindness. If you want a wedding that's pretty and small guest count, if you don't care about making anything personal or special, just want to show up and get married, It will work well. If you want to pick out your own cake flavor, or have live music, or add something like bubbles or butterflies you are going to have a hard time.
  • I went there for a tour 3 weeks ago. It was lovely, but the summer hours did not work for us. The parking was horrible and there is no where for the bride to get ready. We then went across the street to tivoli too, the parking was worse , and the space was very tiny during the summer season , again no where to get ready and they allow patrons to cross thru to get the the restaurant. So that also didn't work for us. Had the hours been different at tivoli terrace we would have had it there. Sadly 10 in the morning was to early, considering our guests would be driving from LA. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards