California-Orange County

Southern California Cliff Top Wedding Venue

Help!  I've been looking and looking online for a good cliff-top venue for the ceremony and possibly the reception for around 75-100 people.  My fiance' and I would really like an ocean view, but neither one of us is crazy about getting sand everywhere in our wedding finery >_<  I checked the CA state gov site, but there are almost no pictures, and very little info to go on as far as capacity or how to get the license for the area.  We'd also really like to have the space at least mostly to ourselves, and not risk the "first come, first serve" policy that some of the state parks have, since most of our guests will be from out of town.  The wedding's not until summer 2012, so we have a while, but we'll need to travel to see these places (we live in AZ for now), and wanted to get a better sense of where to go.  Anyone have any suggestions as to where to look up this info, and good venues to focus on?  Sorry this post is so long Embarassed

Re: Southern California Cliff Top Wedding Venue

• edited December 2011
    Cliff at Laguna Village...amazing and breathtaking
  • bregy4bregy4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cannons in Dana Point sits on a cliff top overlooking the ocean and harbor.. I am getting married there in the fall :-) ... amazing venue!
  • edited December 2011
    Im not sure what the person saying cliff at laguna village is, but my ceremony is at Laguna village through an all inclusive event. Its the same location used by another co(Occasions), but occasions was pricier and very pushy, we felt. heres the web address to see pics: anallinclusiveevent.com
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding venue is "cliff top like" .  I'm getting married at the Long Beach Museum of Art whic over looks the ocean an we are keeping the museum open that night so our guests can check it out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks!  Anallinclusiveevent.com looks very promising.  Do you know if they let you have a band instead of a dj?
  • edited December 2011
    dont forget the parks too, dana point and laguna have some great parks with some awesome views.  We were looking at Heritage Park in Dana Point...good luck 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards