California-Orange County

'At Makeup Pro' Vent

So I thought I've 'booked' my makeup artist for my wedding in May 2012 by sending her a check deposit last week. I've asked her to let me know once she's received the check, and a week has passed by now, yet still no response. I have checked my bank statements and the check hasn't been deposited. I sent her an email this morning to follow up with it, and I'm still waiting to hear back from her. Usually she's quick to respond (when we were talking about her services) but now, it seems like she's MIA?!
Could it be that she decided to take on another bride's services since she is requesting for more services (= more $ for Angelina, the makeup artist)?Freaking out a little here, because that could potentially mean that I would have to look for a new makeup artist again!
If so, does anyone have recommendations for makeup artists who specializes on Asian brides around the $300 range?

Re: 'At Makeup Pro' Vent

• pnkprincess2pnkprincess2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what they charge but a friend of mine on another wedding board used http://blog.kellyzhang.com/. Her makeup looked AMAZING!

Good luck
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I might give it a few more days--I know it is a lot to think about so I don't want to seem condescending, but you have a ways to go.
    However, if you don't hear back from the original person, check out these sites: 

www.teampretty.net  / Website hasn't been updated in a while, ,but here's her e-mail address: makeupninja@gmail.com (Attn: Lily)

While neither one specializes in Asian brides, they both have a lot of experience with many, varied ethnicities. Lily did my makeup for my wedding and she did an amazing job. Susie is highly recommended/often used by my photographer. So I've seen many of the pictures of brides she's done. 
    I don't know what Susie charges, but Lily would fall way under your budget (and that includes a trial). 

• Tygerlily22Tygerlily22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keep in mind that unlike many wedding vendors, MUA's do not work behind a computer screen during the week and are often on location or on photo sets.  Angeliena has a great reputation, so I am sure it will be fine.  I'm chiming in pretty late, so let us know how it goes.
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVED my make up artist.  She is a genius.  Here is her website.  http://brendaoen.com/ I have already used her again for a holiday party. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards