Colorado
Options

Venue budget nightmare

So it's been a nightmare trying to find venues for our June 2013 wedding... we are HOPING to cap it at 200 people, but we'll probably end up inviting 230-ish and hopefully 30 of them won't come! It's hard to say though, because most of our guests are family, and my family is REALLY close and I know they'll all show up... =/

My dad is paying for the reception, and he wants a plated dinner and open bar for 4 hours with decent liquor brands... he also would ideally like to have it at a hotel so people won't be drinking and driving. Basically, he wants a nice formal event. My fiance and I live in Capitol Hill (Denver) and we suggested having the reception downtown, and my dad liked the idea because there are a lot of entertainment options for guests (90% of them are OOT).

Well, we've been coming up with venue quotes and we've established that the cost will be around $26,000-$31,000 for the reception alone! Not including photography, DJ, flowers, invitations, etc.

The Brown Palace quoted us $31,000 for 200 guests (including gratuity & tax), the Grand Hyatt quoted us $27,000... I thought maybe the Embassy Suites would save us a bit of money, but no -- still around $27,000. We looked at places like The Chateaux, but after adding up all the costs, it seems like everything is going to cost at LEAST $25,000 for what my dad is looking for.

My dad is convinced we can find something for $20,000, but I don't think so... especially for the level of service he's looking for and the number of people we're inviting.

Ugghhh this is frustrating... anyone have any suggestions???
{June 2013} Venue

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Venue budget nightmare

• Options
    do you have a caterer quoted already if not call us we can help save you money today we travel accoss the u.s helping brides save on the catering 9723303337
  • Options
    If you don't mind looking outside the downtown area you should check out Aloft Broomfield. They just came out with a new buffet and platted dinner menu and they order discounts for room blocks. The hotel decor is more modern too. If your set on the Denver area look into Warwick hotel. They're off of 17th and Grant which is like 5 min our so north of the 16th street mall. The coordinator Sarah is really great at working with you to fit everything you want into your budget and respond quickly back to emails and calls
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you don't mind looking outside the downtown area you should check out Aloft Broomfield. They just came out with a new buffet and platted dinner menu and they order discounts for room blocks. The hotel decor is more modern too. If your set on the Denver area look into Warwick hotel. They're off of 17th and Grant which is like 5 min our so north of the 16th street mall. The coordinator Sarah is really great at working with you to fit everything you want into your budget and respond quickly back to emails and calls
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards