Colorado

Any ideas for affordable venues close to Boulder?

Hi there! We will be getting married in mid Aug and are having a very small wedding. 15-20 guests at most.
We are hoping to get married outside. I think we found our officiant, but we just need a venue.
We had one, but due to the attitude of the staff there we decided not to use them. We are not religious and they pushed very religious ideas for our ceremony!
It's getting down to crunch time and I am freaking out...any and all ideas are much appreciated.(we are also willing to go into Denver or the mtns. so long as it's not too far)
Thanks in advance!
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe

Re: Any ideas for affordable venues close to Boulder?

• edited December 2011
    Well, I will RE: to my own message. We have found that red rocks & Chautauqua park don't charge a thing if you have a small wedding party like we do.
    Now to decide where...What do you ladies think?
    Thanks and maybe this helps some of you too!
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe
  • samantha bucksamantha buck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about a back yard wedding? its free and you don't have to worry about booking a venue. family? friends? just an idea...

Good Luck! : )

We are doing a meadow wedding; luckily a family friends back yard is the meadow.
  • tingy1984tingy1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

FWIW I think both are really beautiful.  I grew up near Red Rocks and I always liked that location.  However, I went to school in Boulder and Chautauqua is really great.  If I had to pick I would pick Chautauqua because I like Boulder and the park is nice.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I'll let you know our final decision here in a few days :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hey ladies-
      So we've had to move our wedding to sept 4th due to family stuff. I'm a lil bummed, but hey, more time to plan! Thanks for all the ideas.
  • edited December 2011
    We've picked finally! Looks like it'll be red rocks so long as we can work it all out :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards