Colorado
Options

Cheap venues in No Co for a very small ceremony/reception combo?

Hi all!

My fiance is from North Dakota and I am from Colorado.  Initially he was dead set on doing the whole wedding in the smallest North Dakota town ever... thank God his mom was able to convince him to do the ceremony and a SMALL reception here in CO, and another larger reception in North Dakota.  I'm thinking 30 people max for the CO ceremony/reception, and we would prefer to stay in the Northern Colorado area. I'll be lucky to be able to spend $5k on the Colorado event.

There are some beautiful venues in this area, but they cater to larger receptions and the price doesn't change much for smaller parties.  I'd really prefer an indoor/outdoor venue but that's just about the only requirement.  I would be ok with doing a ceremony in one location and then moving to a restaurant for the reception if that is cheaper. 

Does anyone have any ideas?  Is the Avery House in Ft. Collins a good option? 

Thanks in advance for your help!  :-)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cheap venues in No Co for a very small ceremony/reception combo?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure of the price but the Historic Flower House outside of FT. Collins is great or McC ranch- both are great outside venues. The flower house is very similar to the Avery House, but has more space and is more intimate.

If you are on a tight budget (like all of us these days) you should check out Yellow Paddle Photography. They connect brides to student photographers and videographers- great portfolio and you save a TON of money going with a "non- professional".
  • Options
    BBunny!BBunny! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THere are a lot of cool places around... I am not sure of the price range but the Armory in Fort Collins http://www.armoryeventhall.com/ looks like it is pretty cool.  The Lincoln Center http://www.fcgov.com/lctix/rent-overview.php looks like it has a few diufferent options, and we almost used Ribbons 'n Rainbows in Platteville but we decided to move our wedding to Denver.  It was really pretty and the owner was really nice and helpful when we toured the place.  http://www.ribbonsnrainbows.net/eventCenter.html
    HTH!
  • Options
    acharlsonacharlson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there -
    Avery House is great, so is the Tapesty House (actually in Laporte but right outside of N. Co)  That's who we are using - if you do a small morning ceremony (up to 75 people) they have a STELLAR deal that includes caterer, dj, coordinators,cake, site and table settings.  Go to their website.  I've been to 2 weddings there (indoor and outdoor) and the staff bends over backwards for you - great place.  Good luck!  :-)
    Amy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you seen CSU's Danforth Chapel on the Oval?  Google it if you haven't seen it yet!  You can rent the chapel and a portion of the oval where you could host an outdoors reception and can even serve alcohol if you do the right paperwork.   I know if you're CSU alum or a direct family member, the chapel is about $175 for the day (not sure what it is if you're not alum or what the oval would be, but it's on CSU's webiste).  It holds a max of 65 people and 30 or so would be perfect. 

Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards