Washington

Looking for any Gay Friendly venues

Hey all

My fiance and I are looking to get marrried near his hometown and we're looking for any suggestions that people might have for venues... We're not 100% sure what we're looking for but definitely want to start off with places that will be comfortable with us....

thanks for any help--hope this is the start of something great

Re: Looking for any Gay Friendly venues

• What's the hometown?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Visit The Knot!    Visit The Nest!   
  • He's from the Polsboro (spelling?) Fort Gamble area..... We have tried emailing a few places but have not heard back--not suprising--but looking for more suggestions

thanks
  • We had a hard time finding a "gay friendly" place so what we did was go in person to the venue we liked talk to the lady and she was lovely and very excited for our wedding.

Good luck
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker It's a Girl!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for the suggestion... Hopefully we'll be able to charm our way in too...

• Congratulations! First, the Corson Building in Seattle is a super unique and definitely gay friendly venue. Another opion is the Farm Kitchen. I don't know for sure that they are gay friendly, but it would defintely be a place that I would check out. They seem very lefty and welcoming and they are in Poulsbo.

Secendly, it is important to know that even before our recent legalization of gay marriage, Washington state has long had an anti-discrimination laws that prohibits the refusal of business, contract or service based on sexual-orientation or identity. Basically this means that if any venue or vendor refuses to hold or service your wedding, they are breaking the law (if this refusal is based on anit-gay marriage sentiments).

I get that you wouldn't want your wedding to happen at a place strictly because its illegal for them to refuse and you would like to know that they care and believe in your union, but it is also important to know your rights and maybe educate these businesses on their legal obligations.

Again, a million times congratulations and I hope you find your perfect place.
  • Blue Ribbon Cooking and Culinary Center in Seattle operates 3 different venues and is very gay-friendly! They are fantastic and really go over-the-top to create the perfect event for you.  Each one of their venues is very unqiue and completely different than the others.  Check them out at www.blueribboncooking.com.

Good Luck in your search!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards