Washington

E session help, please!

hey again ladies!  does anyone have any suggestions for locale engagement pics?  we are open to urban, parks, nature, anything out of doors really.  obviously, i know about Pike Place Market and other touristy areas, but do you have any favorite neighborhoods or places you love in the seattle area?

anywhere from gig harbor north to the U district is probably our range. 

TIA!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic "June 2012" November Siggy: cake inspiration Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: E session help, please!

• sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gig Harbor- The Waterfront is nice
    Tacoma- Historical Area/Ruston Way 
    You can head towards Puyallup or Orting ish to get cool pics farmland w/ the mountain... 
    Bellevue or Seattle for the city pics.

I would also XP this in Washington-Seattle. The girls will have more ideas than me
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I love where we did ours.. It all depends on your "feel" though.. I like contemporary AND I also love brick.. so I didn't know if we would have luck until our photog had us meet her at the everette train station. LOVED it! Think a little outside the box and you'll be surprised.. here are a few of our pics ;)

Point is, think outside of the typical box of parks and such. Think about college campuses where you'll find different textures in materials from the different buildings, think of a downtown area where you could get pictures between buildings and on the street, etc.
    You gave us such a huge range so It's hard for me to name anythign specific besides my e-shoot place.

• sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Doing it on the UW campus would be soooo pretty. If you did it during the summer (less people) 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    ^ agreed! OP would have some time since classes don't start up until late September.
    Even a CC would be nice though.. ECC has a very nice campus that would be great for pictures of different kinds! :)
  • Tbird87Tbird87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did mine in gas works park (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_Works_Park) , which is like a 5 minute drive from the U District. The park has great views of the skyline, lots of green areas, and cool old coal plant equipment.  Here is my favorite pic:

link DD'd PM me if you want it again.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies- i am aware that the range i gave was HUGE.  but not being from there, and not wanting a specific "feel" for our pics, i am open to any and all suggestions.  these have been great!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic "June 2012" November Siggy: cake inspiration Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Roo726Roo726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing ours at the puyallup fair.  I agree with PP - outside the box, catch your personality.  Lastly, ask your photographer! or even google "seattle engagement photos" see if you find anything that grabs you.
    August Siggy Challenge- The cake image
  • edited December 2011
    The Seattle Center near the Space Needle, especially near EMP has some really cool places to take pics that give amazing backgrounds.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards