Washington
Options

Budget Venues in Gig Harbor/Tacoma area?

Hi,  I'm trying to help my sister find an affordable venue for their wedding and reception (or at least the reception) in the Gig Harbor (Peninsula) / Tacoma areas.  Does anyone have any recommendations???
(The venue probably needs to fit at least 130-150 people.)

Thanks!

Re: Budget Venues in Gig Harbor/Tacoma area?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married (next year) in that area, and have been looking for venues, i have found a few places in gig harbor but they are kind of spendy (as I imagined they would be) i looked at Weddings on the kitsap peninsula website and there were some hotel options and things like that. Hope that helps =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been looking for the same thing (more in the Tacoma area) since the place I picked and fell in love with might not work. There are a ton of beautiful places around here, you just have to look really hard! Try going to google and putting in 'wedding venues in Tacoma, WA' and see what pops up. What is the price range you are trying to stay with-in?
  • Options
    heatherrobynheatherrobyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    University of Puget Sound Chapel
    Annie Wright School (in Tacoma), either their Chapel or Ballroom
    Stadium High School (beautiful!!!)
    Pagoda at Point Defiance Park
    Titlow Lodge

I personally am getting married in the ball room at Annie Wright. It's incredible!
  • Options
    KatieBlakangKatieBlakang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you know where I can get more info about weddings at Stadium High?  I hadn't thought of that place....I bet it would be beautiful!
  • Options
    flippinsweetflippinsweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking in that area too and have found good luck with the following - Point Defiance Rose Garden ($400 for 2 hr ceremony), while the Pagoda doesn't work for our reception, we're thinking Tacoma Yacht Club - pretty affordable but you have to know a member.  Also, the lady at the Kitsap Event Center has been very nice.  We can't make a decision till we fly out in August but these are on our list to visit.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know the pricing but Kensington Gardens in Gig Harbor would be wonderful.  I have shot photos there before.  I believe they seat 150 or so.
  • Options
    fosterrybergfosterryberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

im getting married at the Landmark Convention Center in Tacoma. We actually won the cost of the room rental so we dont have to pay for that but we do have to use their catering people. cost wise it can be on the pricey side depending on the catering and room you choose but it is a GORGEOUS old building!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Poulsbo at Kitsap Memorial State Park, if you like the outdoors it is beautiful and very cheap compared to evereything else. It's right on the hoods canal in and has a beautiful old log cabin hall that holds up to 200 people.
    BabyName Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ghbrideghbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You need to check out the edewater house in olalla...Amazing waterfront venue. You can have the ceremony and reception so that cuts down on some of the costs...they also have accomodations overnight as well!

www.theedgewaterhouse.com
  • Options
    KristenG30KristenG30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know this might be a little late, but I wanted to let you know what I have found... I was looking at the Landmark but found that they nickle and dime you ($8 for a booster seat)... I know that it is only $8 but it was the whole the picture for me. I then found the Canterwood Golf in Gig Harbor. This place is AMAZING!!! Plus the cheapest we found. I wasn't even going to look at Canterwood because it is such a highend place that I didn't think it would even come close to my budget. But they are so great. We did our tasting last week and it was so good.

Kristen

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards