Washington

anyone getting married at The Clam Cannery in Port Townsend?

Trying to book The Clam Cannery and getting some mixed messages from the owner. Just curious what he has quoted other brides for rates and policies?

Re: anyone getting married at The Clam Cannery in Port Townsend?

• edited December 2011
    I forget what they quoted us but it was definitely too high for our budget! Since they require you to rent the entire facility it's pricey.. but that DOES include ceremony and reception with those guest rooms so I suppose in some ways you may save money or it may balance out? Also keep in mind that they have specific vendors to use, which in our experience means even more pricey since they have no competition...
  • astanton79astanton79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is so strange. We were told we can use whatever vendors we want. And yes, we were quoted a very high price as well. However, I don't think they are doing so well with booking at that high of a price, so I am hopeful that I can negotiate with him. It's worth a shot at least.
  • edited December 2011
    yeah it's definitely worth a shot. the fact is there are sooo many places that are priced low and on the water so it's hard for them to compete.. we are getting married at the port of bellingham cruise terminal and it is BEAUTIFUL (google image it, it's got a cool glass dome that looks over the water at the mountains) and bc it's city/state owned it's a 100/hr
  • edited December 2011
    I just looked at the venue this weekend.  He quoted me $10,000 for the entire place with a $100 deposit.  So, Day 1- rehersal and dinner, Day 2 - ceremony and reception with no cut off time.  He said as long as everyone is inside at 10 pm.  Day 3 - send off breakfest.  You can use any vendors and he will comp a overnight stay, so you can meet with them.  The only thing that concerns me is he uses the space as an art gallery and art is subjective.  He did say if there are some pieces we do not care for he is willing to take those pieces down.  If you think about the price it probably will balance out.  If you break it all down for hotel rooms and space for rehersal dinne, venue and such it should balance out or be slightly less.  It also depends on your budeget.

Good luck with your wedding plans.
  • edited December 2011

Buyer beware: The Clam Cannery is currently in bankruptcy hearings (next court date is scheduled for June 10, 2011). Try googling the 'clam cannery, bankruptcy' and read what the Penninsula Daily News has to say. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards