Washington

Small wedding

Hey ladies! So, I need some help from y'all. Me and my wonderful fiance supposed to get married next year in TN. But since he is getting deployed on October Frownof this year we decided to get married before that. We are now planning to get married the 16th of next month. We live in Washington right now but moving to TN next year(his hometown). I know it's really quick but we are both ready to get married. I just need to know, do we still need to do some registry thing or invitations? Do I still have to give my guests some wedding favors if we are only going to do a courthouse ceremony? We are thinking maybe 15 to 20 guests. And I would need also reception suggestions? restaurant, banquet facilities in Spokane, Wa.? I really really need your good help and suggestions ladies! Thank you all and hope you all have a good day! Kiss
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Small wedding

• edited December 2011
    i think if you are doing a corthose ceremony and having a small reception at a restaurant or something that you do not need to do favors.  i do think invitations are still important but maybe you could email them instead of getting paper ones?  not sure what to say about the registry, i don't think it's necessary, and those who want to get yo a gift will probably just give you $ if you don't.  as for spokane, i don't have any suggestions, but good luck.  and thank you to your FI for serving.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic "June 2012" November Siggy: cake inspiration Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington_small-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:633Discussion:f53d2aca-b3dd-4604-8ae0-3b9fc84cdb46Post:7572e234-dff8-4f89-95d6-d0d9da542cb2">Small wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies! So, I need some help from y'all. Me and my wonderful fiance supposed to get married next year in TN. But since he is getting deployed on October  of this year we decided to get married before that. We are now planning to get married the 16th of next month. We live in Washington right now but moving to TN next year(his hometown). I know it's really quick but we are both ready to get married. I just need to know, do we still need to do some registry thing or invitations? Do I still have to give my guests some wedding favors if we are only going to do a courthouse ceremony? We are thinking maybe 15 to 20 guests. And I would need also reception suggestions? restaurant, banquet facilities in Spokane, Wa.? I really really need your good help and suggestions ladies! Thank you all and hope you all have a good day! 
    Posted by gr8tasian84[/QUOTE]

first, are you SURE you want a JOP?
    What is the rush? Have you and your Fiance' been through a deployment at least once yet? because if you haven't I would like to get on the soap box and say PLEASE wait and go through that first.. It's an important step for military couples.

For a JOP you can do whatever you want. You could do invites and have a "reception" at a nice restaurant in the area that has a private room. They usually allow you to decorate however you wish. I don't think I would register personally... But that's your call. People may just give you money since it's such short notice.
    Will you be doing a bigger reception/Vow Renewal once he's back, or is this it?
  • edited December 2011
    Also, you're really freakin me out that you live in wa, like me. His hometown is in TN, like my fiance's and your ring is (looks about) a 1ct princess on platinum band, like mine.
    also that you are military, like us. creeeeeeepppyyy :P
  • gr8tasian84gr8tasian84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Small wedding:
    first, are you SURE you want a JOP? What is the rush? Have you and your Fiance' been through a deployment at least once yet? because if you haven't I would like to get on the soap box and say PLEASE wait and go through that first.. It's an important step for military couples. For a JOP you can do whatever you want. You could do invites and have a "reception" at a nice restaurant in the area that has a private room. They usually allow you to decorate however you wish. I don't think I would register personally... But that's your call. People may just give you money since it's such short notice. Will you be doing a bigger reception/Vow Renewal once he's back, or is this it?
    Posted by firsttimersluck

First thing.. Haha the last post was funny and yes a little creepy! But anyways, To answer your question.. Yes ma'am I am sure I want a JOP and Yes, we have been through deployment once. He was actually thinking about proposing to me before he got deployed but he thought that deployment maybe a good test for us. He got home from deployment and proposed a week after! :D 
    We are planning to have a reception next year when we move back to his hometown. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011

Yeah my Fiance' proposed before deployment and we decided to start planning once he got back from deployment, that way we had that experience under the belt :P

Moving on...
    here are two restaurants in spokane that have banquet rooms. usually this is a free of charge deal since works out well. And they always let you decorate however you would like:
    http://www.steamplantgrill.com/
    http://www.mizuna.com/

Even if you have your ceremony at the courthouse, you can keep it "wedding like" with a white dress, bouquets, etc. Then have the small reception at the restaurant in the decor that you would like! I have seen this done in such a cute way, you don't even think about the fact that it's not the traditional wedding.

Because you're running out of time, I would check out a place like
    www.peartreegreetings.com
    they have a great selection of invitations (and you could pick some of the fun ones, doesn't have to be the wedding ones specifically. Although those you can order in amounts of 25 which works well for your case!) They also ship REALLY fast so you can get those out quickly. You don't HAVE to do invites, but it may be nice so that you feel like it's your wedding. :]

Registering is pretty fun, I have to say. Fi and I really enjoyed it... If you don't want to lose out on that, then go register at Target  or BBB or something. :) It only takes an hour or two, it's fun to watch your Fi get into the scanner gun, and people have a choice to buy off that or give you $ instead, which is always nice to give options!
    I don't think it's appropriate to register for your reception that will be quite some time after your actual wedding, so if you want to register, I would do it now. :P

Check out the September Brides 2011 board! (it's on the left hand side when you click "month boards") I am also a September Bride and the ladies on that board are all super awesome. It's a very active board so when you have any questions, you will always get fast responses. :) There is also the "military brides" board if you're interested.

lastly, Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! :] I hope I was of a little help, and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards