Washington

Flowers from Pike's Place?

For a while now, I have loved the idea of getting wedding flowers from the flower people at Pike's Place Market. I love Seattle. I love Pike's Place. I love that I would be supporting local, awesome farms. And I also love that it would be inexpensive. 

My idea would be to go to Pike's Place (in advance) and kinda browse what kinds of flowers they have in their bouquets there and see if they would be willing to work a deal with me (say, 5 bouquets of this type and 4 of that) and how much they'd ask for that. Also, I would have the ability to work with several different vendors. Is this crazy? Does anyone have any experience with this? I think it would just make such an awesome Seattle-y touch, and they are always so fresh and beautiful.

P.S. I have someone who's awesome with flowers so that's not a concern.

Re: Flowers from Pike's Place?

• sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For my sister's wedding we got all the centerpieces from someone at Pike Place and are planning to do it for our wedding as well. Just make sure what is want is in season and give them notice. We went at 7:00 am to pick them up on Sat AM and for I think 10-15 a centerpiece which were beautiful
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Roo726Roo726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can actually pre-order with most of the flower vendors there. You can select which ones and then pick them.  She ordered about 2 weeks prior to pickup.  HOWEVER be warned most flowers are considered "wild" and depending on the temperture how long you are traveling etc. it can wreak havoc on the flowers.  A wedding I was in last August ordered $200 worth of flowers which netted her like 5 or 6 buckets but our bouquets were dying by the time the ceremony started and we picked them up the day before. The centerpieces held up okay, but the bouquets did not.  Also, it was a ton of work to be honest.  We were up the night before organizing and messing with flowers.  Which would have been fine had they not died....
    August Siggy Challenge- The cake image
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your input, guys. Super helpful.
  • seattleturtleseattleturtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

That was my origional plan too and decided that the vase life was not going to be long enough to stay fresh for my wedding. Best of luck!

Here is a local grower that sells wholesale is has stunning work:

http://www.floretflowers.com/green.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards