Ohio-Cincinnati

April weddings

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with early april weddings?

We love the cherry blossom trees and they are usually only in bloom the first 2 weeks in april. But i'm nervous about the weather.

From what I can remember of April last year it was pretty nice.

Anything is appreciated!

Re: April weddings

• GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my best friends got married on April 9th this year. The weather was rainy alllll day up until her wedding started around 530pm and the sun came out for just a little bit.

I would be nervous planning an April wedding if you are wanting to do it outside b/c the weather is so unpredictable at that time of year. Otherwise, I say go for it :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    The unpredictable weather would make me nervous, but as long as you have a backup plan, then it should be fine.  Get married when you want!
  • witchysherylwitchysheryl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I'm not opposed to moving it but my fiance has his heart set on having it when the flowering trees are in bloom and that's only the first 2 weeks in April.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having an April 14th wedding, it is inside, but I honestly don't care what the weather does. It'll be gorgeous either way!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding was this past April 2nd and the trees were all still bare.  It was pretty chilly and it drizzled for a few minutes, but nothing more. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards