Missouri
Options

PHOTOG Vendor Warning - Red Vine Studios/Tim Miller

Local Vender Warning for the state of Missouri - Springfield area.

This photographer travels, and claims to go out of state too... Tim Miller with Red Vine Studios.

The general issues:

1.       Images in gallery were not touched-up as discussed

2.       Images in gallery were not color-corrected as agreed upon

3.       MANY engagement session photos had un-necessary shadows (my fiancé’s nose would leave a shadow on his face, for example) that could have been prevented with properly adjusted lighting

4.       The photographer agreed to send a DVD disk of all images up until the point of the contract cancellation …. Except it’s been over 10 business days and I have not received anything. I e-mailed him recently, and he said he would put it in the mail today….SUNDAY…hmm.

The red flag that I missed was at the initial meeting….he talked to us for 2 hours, except 30 minutes was relevant while the rest was a waste of time. He talked about his kids, his wife, and way more than just a short personal biography to get to know him. He tried to create a friend-relationship rather than a professional one. This left the photographer room to make excuses, and he did. Many times – when we went to schedule appointments, when our photos were late, when he took over a week to respond to phone calls or e-mails….

The details:

I disliked the amount of time Tim spent during our engagement-session talking to my uncle Dan while I was paying to have photos of my fiancé and I taken. My Aunt and Uncle both communicated to me that they thought it was not very professional… My aunt/uncle live in a beautifully remodeled downtown loft and Tim was clearly trying to network and was much more interested in talking with them than getting some good photos.

I was intending on paying $1,900 for his skills and services, not to have a friend. I'm not anti-social… my point is business should be business when we're talking about a couple of full paychecks going to ONE person. While I'm human and have feelings, I don't feel a professional relationship was maintained when I'm told about events in his personal life.

When scheduling the engagement session, Tim informed me he was unavailable all week days before 4:30 pm - and said something like, "remember, I told you I was a full-time dad" -  EXCEPT – that he never said anything about this during the meeting, in any conversation, or the contract.

General Conduct - I was put-off by the fact that he posted images on facebook that were not touched up. I would think that the photographer would want everything and everyone looking their best, but our ideas obviously differed here. I’m not all worried about people seeing a blemish or something, the entire thing just stuck me as odd.

He is contradictive. in his  e-mail he once  said "I service many clients per week, and at times can be in and out of touch" which I can understand, except that he later went on to say this is the slower  part of the year. My wedding is in JUNE - wedding prime-time. If I cannot get desired communication during the slower part, how will it be satisfactory in June?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: PHOTOG Vendor Warning - Red Vine Studios/Tim Miller

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No kidding. This guy did a friends wedding a couple of years ago, and he creeped us out. When I saw her pictures online, I had the same feelings you did. He spent a lot of time at the reception talking, especially to us group of 20 somethings, and handing out busniess cards. I think that he wanted us to come to him when we got married (she was the first of my high school friends to get married). Over all, weird, creepy, unprofessional vibe and would never hire this guy. I don't think your guests should even notice your photographer IMHO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards