Missouri

Recently Engaged! Selecting a Date!

My Fiance and I got engaged 2 weeks ago on Friday! We haven't really started the planning process too much. We are working to decide upon a date. We really want to have an outdoor wedding in KCMO in 2012. We are in disagreement for our month/date however. We started dating in September, and got engaged in September, so (naturally) we should get married in September. Right? Plus, September in KC is normally very nice weather. Fiance, however, wants to get married in April. That's a little cool for an outdoor wedding in my opinion... right? Did any of you have trouble compromising on a date? If so, how did you work it out? 

Thanks for the help! I'm so excited to start the planning process and to get more involved in this site! :-) I'd appreciate any thoughts! :-)

~*~Megan~*~

Re: Recently Engaged! Selecting a Date!

• edited December 2011
    I can't help with the date thing but I can suggest a great venue in the Lee Summit area. It's called Longview Mansion. My friend and BM got married here two years ago and it was amazing. It has ample parking for guest, an outdoor and indoor ceremony location and a large tent area for the reception!  I truly enjoyed it. I don't check the Missouri board often so if you have questions about the venue or want to see photos PM me.

Here's the website - http://www.longviewmansion.com/

Congrats on your engagement!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! I looked at the website and it is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! As for selecting a date, we actually decided this sunday to get married in September of 2012! Thank you so much for responding! 
  • charlotte123charlotte123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your recent engagement as well as picking a date. That's awesome. I thought that I might help you out with a wedding planner that did my wedding that way if you have any questions they can definately help you. they were so amazing and made sure to completely make my husband and I very relaxed and be able to enjoy our day instead of being so stressed out. Here I will send you the web address and I know you wont be dissapointed.
    Congratulations again!!!!!!!
    Stephanie

platinumdesignsep.com
  • edited December 2011
    I know I am going to try using them (Platinum Designs Event Planning). I have heard three people talk about this company. I just got off the phone with them and have an appointment with them 2moro. I will let you know how it goes If u want me to.

Chalis&Richard (soon to be Gourley)
  • edited December 2011

Congratulations on your engagement. I can't help you with setting a date but if you are on a budget Lia Sophia jewelry can help you with blinging on your day. You can earn free jewelry for yourself and others.
    http://www.liasophia.com/dorindadouglas

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards