Ohio-Cincinnati

Florence Wedding Not wanting to go to cincy

Nothing aginst Cincy but would like to have wedding and reception on this side of the river. (family is coming far enough). Any ideas of places? Planning a Winter wedding.

Re: Florence Wedding Not wanting to go to cincy

• edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in my church in Crestview HIlls and the reception is at Briarwood in Hebron. They have been wonderful to deal with and I know they can also have the wedding there if that is something you are interested in.  Besides myself, I know htree others that have used Briarwood and not a bad word can be siad about them.  If interested, I can give you contact info.
  • edited December 2011
    there are a ton! Im having mine in St. Bernards Church (dayton ky) undercroft. its huge and cheap!  There is Dress pavillion, Receptions, Manor house. etc
  • edited December 2011
    My FI didn't want to get married or have the reception in Cincy either, so we are doing both the ceremony & reception at the Embassy Suites RiverCenter. The view is absolutely gorgeous and they have been super accommodating!

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I have known people who held their weddings at the following NKy locations and had great experiences (we are using Ft Thomas Community Center):
    Receptions South
    the Madison
    Briarwood
    any places that McHale's caters (Gardens of Park Hills, Marquise, the Grand, etc.)
    several senior and community centers (Edgewood, Southgate, Ft. Thomas, Independence)
    the Syndicate

Most hotels in NKY also have space for a reception (Hilton in Florence, the Radisson or Embassy in Covington, etc.).

• Kel8204Kel8204 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our reception at The Madison, but we also looked at The Florentine which is in Florence and owned by McHales, as well as Receptions in Erlanger.  We did not like Receptions, but did like the other two. HTH.
  • ungraceful13ungraceful13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using the Briarwood in June and I really have had a good expereince. There is also Receptions in Erlanger. Both are nice places.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using the Fort Thomas Community Center, and it is gorgeous!! Went to a wedding there last year and it turned out great. Good luck with planning :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • jmac2schaeffjmac2schaeff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony and reception are at The Madison. We've dealt with Jocelyn since day one and have loved her and everyone else we've come into contact with there. They have a vendor night once a month and you can go and try food for free at that time. Their food is AMAZING!  It's been terrific. Wedding is in 10 days, I'll post our review the next week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards