California-San Diego
Options

change of plans

Ok, so I'm getting married this May and originally was planning on having a very traditional wedding/reception. However, as costs got higher and higher it just became unrealistic to have a big and elaborate wedding. So we decided to scale it back a bit and now thinking about having our wedding on the beach. Is there anywhere in SD that you can literally get married on the beach and is fairly secluded? And would this be more cost efficient? Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: change of plans

• Options
    edited December 2011
    To get married on the beach you have to go through San Diego Parks & Rec.  I don't really know of any very secluded locations though, maybe some of the other gals on here will have some ideas.Oh and I think it's like $250 to get a permit to get married on the beach.  GL!
  • Options
    melymouse66melymouse66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The bowl is quite secluded but it costs more to rent.  Also I have a friend who did the same thing as you and it ended up costing more money because nothing was included and everything had to be brought in.  She didnt have her wedding at the bowl but another part of the beach and she actually had several bystanders and many crashers.  just an fyi
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's going to be really hard to find a secluded beach in San Diego. I also wanted to get married on or by the beach and looked at several places, but in the long run decided not to b/c of all the people. What time of the year are you getting married?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the powerhouse community center in del mar. It has a outdoor patio that is 5 ft away from the sand. I opted for this instead of right on the beach to make it a little more private.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are getting married May 15, so not much time left :-(  I've kinda got myself stuck on this idea of actually getting married on the sand and then I was planning on having a reception close by. any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can do the wedding right on the beach there and move inside for the reception. You would just need to get a permit from the city for the beach part. However, if you have less then 25 people, no need for a permit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jennifer, thats what I was thinking about doing. Whats a good beach to get married at that would be a little less busy in May but also has some reception locations that are realitively close by?  Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hello :) my fh and i are getting married at harbor island park. the permit was $35. it is not a sandy beach but is is right on the bay with a gorgeous view of downtown san diego and coronado. it is less busy then a traditional beach area but it is used for weddings all the time. the only thing we are paying for are chairs and minor decorations. let me know if you need any more info, otherwise, i would checjk it out :)we originally wanted the wedding bowl but the parking was too complicated and i think it was $250 to $300 for the permit. that was just too muich for us...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards