California-San Diego

Undergarments? What to wear under there?!

Hi girls.  I need help finding undergarments for my wedding dress.  I have a silk chiffon maggie sottero dress that is really thin and shows almost anything.  I am looking for a place to find a corset bra and maybe spanx?  Or any other ideas are welcome.  Does anyone have advice for a good place to shop in San Diego area?Thanks!

Re: Undergarments? What to wear under there?!

• edited December 2011
    if it is super thin you still may be able to see the corset bra and spanks. The smooth corset at davids bridal is good with spanks over it, but they also have a bra with a slip attached to it and it doesnt have any lines or anything which may be good for you.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having the alterations lady build a corset and bra into my dress so I don't have to run around finding something to go under it but I don't know if that would be an option with the fabric of your dress I might try Nordstrom those ladies are pros and they have every type of undergarment imaginable.
  • reg01006reg01006 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice.  I went to Davids Bridal today and they recommended a regular strapless bra.  I did try one on, but didnt think it was anything special.  They couldnt show me any bra with a slip.They may be able to build a bra into my dress, the boob part is lined with satin to make it sturdier.  Do you mind who I ask is doing your alterations?I will try Nordstroms.... hopefully they have something!Thanks!
  • wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are able to take your dress with you, you might want to try The Enchantress. It's a shop in Mission Valley that has about every bra and undergarment imaginable. I've heard great things about them.
  • musiccaabmusiccaab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second The Enchantress.  They have a wide variety, good prices, and know what they're doing.  I got my undergarments there, as did my mom for her mother of the bride dress.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually forgot the name since my dress had to get sent back to the designer it had a pin mark in the skirt and the store I bought it at had arranged my meeting with her I'm going up there again on the 4th and should be able to get her info then
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards