California-San Diego

Affordable Seamstress, Please Help

Hi ladies! I usually don't post here often since my wedding is in LA, but could anyone help a local knottie out? I went on Bridalinsider and saw recs and good reviews on Rose Anderson. Anyone here use her or have other recommendations on a good seamstress in SD that is affordable? TIA!!

Re: Affordable Seamstress, Please Help

• edited December 2011
    I dont but I am SO glad you asked this question! Kiki's in La Jolla was recommended to me a ton of times so i finally took my dress over there this past Saturday. I get my dress on, they get the dress all pinned etc. and I ask how much it will be. They say they need to get back to me. I leave the dress there and wait for thier call. They never call so I called them today. They want to charge me $400 for shortening it, adding in a slight sweetheart, and a bustle. I think I had a small heart attack when she told me $400. I talked to Demitrios, where I got the dress, and they quoted me $300 appx. I am on a super tight budget as we are paying for everything ourselves AND just put $11,500 down on our first home. $400 is totally not in the budget... any recomendations would be SO appreciated!!
  • winoweddingwinowedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard nothing but good things about Rose Anderson, and I intend to take my dress to her for alterations. There was a thread a couple weeks ago about seamstress recs, you might want to go back a page or 2 on this board to find it. Since I haven't had my dress altered yet, the info on that thread might be more helpful. :)
  • edited December 2011
    thank you wino I am SO going to her. I did some research and I already emailed her lol. NOw I just need to go pick up my dress from KiKis....
  • genevingenevin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Diane at D'Angelo Courture. 619.497.1949. Please tell her Genessa referred you!
  • 23sb23sb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!! Sorry to be that bride that posts a question that was already addressed a couple of pages ago. I'll look for that other post =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards