California-San Diego

Beach Ceremony Venues

Hi everyone. We are still trying to figure out where to get married. This is the hardest part! We want our ceremony on the beach in Southern California. We're not too picky about where exactly in Southern California, we just want it to be ON the beach. I have been trying to look at places online but it seems like most places are in grassy areas or on the hotel property itself. I did find Hotel Del Coronado which you can rent the beach for your ceremony. Do you gals know of any other places that you can point me in the direction of?TIA!

Re: Beach Ceremony Venues

• wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can get married ON the beach at the La Jolla Shores Hotel, but from what I remember the rental fee to do so is pretty high. If you just go to their website--Google La Jolla Shores Hotel, they have info about using the beach in front of their hotel. I got married there, but I used the Garden Patio for my ceremony. I would recommend that hotel and the staff to anyone--I had a most amazing weekend there.
  • claudette0218claudette0218 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right down the block from the Del is a hotel called the The Loews Coronado.  They have a beach location and reception sites.  Their rates are a lot more affordable than the Del as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I think (not sure) if you get a park permit, you can choose a spot anywhere along certain beaches... see the link for more info.http://www.sandiegoweddings.com/article/articles/11/1/San-Diego-Park-Weddings/Page1.htmlCarrie
  • edited December 2011
    yes, you can get a park permit on a beach in SD pretty inexpensively! The only thing is most of those you can't serve alcohol. :-( Other than that, for another beach idea - my fiance and I are getting married at the Del Mar Powerhouse Community Center. It's right on the beach near Seagrove Park in Del Mar! It's much less expensive than the Hotel Del and you can pick your own caterer off a list - as long as they have a business license to practice in the city of Del Mar! It ends up being $4,500 for the day instead of $6,000 (Hotel Del) plus the cost of food served by the Del (like $150 pp min). Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards