California-San Diego

Leo Carrillo Ranch?

Hello ladies, I am originally from the Inland Empire, currently living in Washington.  My FI is in the military and we are planning on having a wedding back in So Cal late next year.  I really would like a place that allows outside catering, and I have been looking at the Leo Carrillo Ranch online.  I've found several photog blogs with pictures from there that I really like.  Has anyone been to a wedding there?  Heard anything about it?  Any information would be helpful.  TIA!

Re: Leo Carrillo Ranch?

• cheekymarcheekymar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there, My FI & I are getting married there in Sept 2010! Its an amazing venue. Blank canvas! Outside catering is a huge plus!!! We are even able to bring in kegs! HUGE money saver
  • edited December 2011
    I am hoping to have my wedding in late sept or early oct 2010! I'm glad to hear from someone who is using them. That's awesome about the keg! Do you know how busy they are? Were there a lot of available dates when you booked the venue? I probably wouldn't be booking for a few more months, I'm worried I won't be able to get a place that I love because it will be too close to the date.
  • rhionarhiona member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I visit Leo Carillo often with my toddler aged boys. It is gorgeous! Great, safe area. Lots and lots of space to work with. Beautiful architecture. Definently has an old ranch/spanish vibe going on. It is a historic site, so it is all original! I am considering having my wedding there. I talked to a lady in the office today. I asked about May 2010- all booked. Then I asked about November and the lady mentioned there was 2 weeks available then. There are tons of loose & roaming peacocks there, just fyi :) I don't think they would interfere though. The areas they generally stay in are not where you would be having the wedding. They do make awful noises sometimes though.
  • lagle22lagle22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi everyone,

i am thinking about having my wedding here - did any of you choose this location? any thoughts???

THANKS!
  • cougargirl01cougargirl01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am actually getting married there on this Saturday!  :)  It was nice to have a blank canvas to create our dream wedding...there are so many different ways to arrange where you want things.  The price is  not bad either...a place I would reccomend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards