California-San Diego

Venue Recommendations!

Hello Ladies!

I need some venue recommendations in the San Diego area. We live in Chicago and are planning on having our wedding in San Diego. I've looked at a few venues online, but wanted to know which ones are actually great. We are looking for a beach setting, but the option to have the ceremony inside, if the weather is bad. Also want the reception in the same location to make it easier on the guests. Our wedding will be in November 2013.

Re: Venue Recommendations!

• Scripps Seaside Forum, Paradise Point, and La Jolla Shores Hotel are the first ones that come to mind.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_venue-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:64Discussion:19c6c807-b92c-40de-a7e7-69885dffff8aPost:95dffc37-976c-4aa0-8c7f-2dbf9ae82699">Re: Venue Recommendations!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Scripps Seaside Forum, Paradise Point, and La Jolla Shores Hotel are the first ones that come to mind.
    Posted by S6ix[/QUOTE]

I actually looked at all three of these and liked them all!! Scripps is so pretty!
  • Scripps is gorgeous. It was too small for us when we started planning, but now I think we could have actually fit. We invited 328 people but only 160 can come because it is a long trip for a lot of folks plus to appease my mom we will have a 2nd, casual reception a month later on the east coast (lots of cousins with newborns who can't make the trip out here...) Oh well! It was booked solid all this year anyway! And we didnt want a long engagement because we want kids and we are in our late 30s already. We ended up at the Torrey Pines Hilton, still with ocean views, but from higher up above the golf course.
  • edited July 2012
    Oh, I just thought...museum of contemporary art in La Jolla, the Birch Aquarium, and L'Auberge Del Mar are options too. Also the Cuvier Club and Darlington House.
  • Paradise Point is gorgeous! I'm getting married there this Saturday!!! So excited!!!!

They have multiple outdoor ceremony locations and multiple indoor ballrooms to choose from. My experience so far has been great!!!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_venue-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:64Discussion:19c6c807-b92c-40de-a7e7-69885dffff8aPost:1d97a8e3-8e8e-4051-aa94-f2ba6a76ad28">Re: Venue Recommendations!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Paradise Point is gorgeous! I'm getting married there this Saturday!!! So excited!!!! They have multiple outdoor ceremony locations and multiple indoor ballrooms to choose from. My experience so far has been great!!!
    Posted by lvissers[/QUOTE]

So soon...best wishes! I hope you have a beautiful wedding day!!
  • The thing about Scripps Forum is it books up incredibly fast!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_venue-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:64Discussion:19c6c807-b92c-40de-a7e7-69885dffff8aPost:1d97a8e3-8e8e-4051-aa94-f2ba6a76ad28">Re: Venue Recommendations!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Paradise Point is gorgeous! I'm getting married there this Saturday!!! So excited!!!! They have multiple outdoor ceremony locations and multiple indoor ballrooms to choose from. My experience so far has been great!!!
    Posted by lvissers[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on your wedding!!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Scripps is hard to get into and pricy.  I am planning a wedding from San Fran so I was having a hard time finding other venus besides the most popular ones.  I wanted to avoid the cheesy wedding hotel ballrooms at all cost!  I randomly stumbled acrossed the Maderas Golf Club in Rancho Bernardo/Poway area of SD county and I fell in love immediatly.  The pictures don't do it justice! It has a tuscan feel to it and I really wanted something outdoors...market lights, view of green hills, a couple ponds....gorgeous!   They have a ballroom that holds 100+ and also a clubhouse for under 90ppl.  I liked the clubhouse a lot better because I wanted an outdoor reception, but, the ballroom is very pretty as well.  Prices are really really good, especially for the area and the wedding coordinator, Katy, has been really great to work with.  So theres my rec :)  
    Good luck! 
  • Scripps is hard to get into and pricy.  I am planning a wedding from San Fran so I was having a hard time finding other venus besides the most popular ones.  I wanted to avoid the cheesy wedding hotel ballrooms at all cost!  I randomly stumbled acrossed the Maderas Golf Club in Rancho Bernardo/Poway area of SD county and I fell in love immediatly.  The pictures don't do it justice! It has a tuscan feel to it and I really wanted something outdoors...market lights, view of green hills, a couple ponds....gorgeous!   They have a ballroom that holds 100+ and also a clubhouse for under 90ppl.  I liked the clubhouse a lot better because I wanted an outdoor reception, but, the ballroom is very pretty as well.  Prices are really really good, especially for the area and the wedding coordinator, Katy, has been really great to work with.  So theres my rec :)  
    Good luck! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_venue-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:19c6c807-b92c-40de-a7e7-69885dffff8aPost:59ae3e63-d94e-43b8-aeb6-05c889922fed">Re: Venue Recommendations!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I randomly stumbled acrossed the Maderas Golf Club in Rancho Bernardo/Poway area of SD county and I fell in love immediatly.  The pictures don't do it justice! It has a tuscan feel to it and I really wanted something outdoors...market lights, view of green hills, a couple ponds....gorgeous!   They have a ballroom that holds 100+ and also a clubhouse for under 90ppl.  I liked the clubhouse a lot better because I wanted an outdoor reception, but, the ballroom is very pretty as well.  Prices are really really good, especially for the area and the wedding coordinator, Katy, has been really great to work with.  So theres my rec :)   Good luck! 
    Posted by michieee[/QUOTE]

<div>I second this recommendation!  We're getting married there in August- my mom and I frequent there for lunch when I'm home visiting.  Food is great, views are beautiful, and as Michieee said, Katy is great.  We're also planning from long distance so it's been such a relief to have a venue that takes care of so many of the details!  They are also booked up for the summer, so I'd call as soon as you can to get information!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards