California-San Diego

San Diego - big family but small budget

We are paying for our own wedding. My fiancé wants to have a proper wedding with friends and family rather than city hall or eloping. Problem is that my mom is one of ten kids. I have over 50 first cousins, who in turn have their own kids. I found a great place at the navy base that would cost about $55/person. I don't want to have to exclude any family and am open to other ideas. I don't want to tell anyone 'no kids' but can't afford to pay high price for them to come. I'm ok having a simple wedding but even just renting a venue like a barn/farm in SD is so expensive. Anyone have any ideas for San Diego county? Thanks!

Re: San Diego - big family but small budget

• edited June 2012
    We are paying for our own wedding. My fiancé wants to have a proper wedding with friends and family rather than city hall or eloping. Problem is that my mom is one of ten kids. I have over 50 first cousins, who in turn have their own kids. I found a great place at the navy base that would cost about $55/person. I don't want to have to exclude any family and am open to other ideas. I don't want to tell anyone 'no kids' but can't afford to pay high price for them to come. I'm ok having a simple wedding but even just renting a venue like a barn/farm in SD is so expensive. Anyone have any ideas for San Diego county? Thanks!
  • cwaggoner07cwaggoner07 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    I would post this on your local wedding board to the left.
    <-------

As far as guest list, you are not obligated to invite all 50 of your cousins, or their children. Figure out the number of guests you can afford to host, and go from there.
  • edited June 2012
    Look into getting a permit to have a party at a park (Balboa Park, Presidio Park, etc). They aren't too expensive. You can do a non-mealtime reception and just serve hors d'oeuvres and cake, no booze, to keep costs down. Some churches have halls you can use or rent for a reception, too. Ours does. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards