California-San Diego
Options

It's sad...

I wish this board were more active...

Re: It's sad...

• Options
    Sadly it's always been like this (well the last year when planning my wedding) I know there are tons of girls planning their weddings in San Diego!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Every once in a while it gets going, but definitely not lately!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_its-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:21863d63-0a8a-4664-aad0-c9300e512899Post:d688f6f2-3650-41de-a8d9-8a57af1cea9a">It's sad...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish this board were more active...
    Posted by MrsCourtney2U[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>So do I. There have got to be tons of ladies planning weddings in San Diego... where are they all at? 

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Haha, that's what I'm wondering. Everytime I check, it just seems so vacant. 

We should get it going!
  • Options
    I agree! I found a San Diego bride (and date twin!) on my month board but I don't think she posts here and I have not seen any posts whatsoever from her recently.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_its-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:64Discussion:21863d63-0a8a-4664-aad0-c9300e512899Post:b0486fd7-2824-4448-9949-b4cc1a14f550">Re: It's sad...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree! I found a San Diego bride (and date twin!) on my month board but I don't think she posts here and I have not seen any posts whatsoever from her recently.
    Posted by Chels&Jimmy[/QUOTE]

It's me it's me!!! I went crazy wedding plannign when we first got engaged last October. We secured all the big vendors and then I got lazy haha. I'm ramping up again though!

I agree that we need to get the San Diego boards going!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_its-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:64Discussion:21863d63-0a8a-4664-aad0-c9300e512899Post:c55d85bb-84d9-445f-a23a-c0c6b6dcd266">Re: It's sad...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's sad... : It's me it's me!!! I went crazy wedding plannign when we first got engaged last October. We secured all the big vendors and then I got lazy haha. I'm ramping up again though! I agree that we need to get the San Diego boards going!!
    Posted by kay136[/QUOTE]

Oh!! There you are! LOL. We got engaged last November and basically didn't do anything until last month, so now I am super amped up on planning.

Any suggestions as to how to get this board going? I am not sure what to do. But it would be really cool if we could make it more active again. It looks like there have been a lot of posters in the past.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear of another bride with a long engagment! It's much better now that it's less than a year away but I cannot tell you how many people gave me snarky comments before!!!

I'll get in the posting groove so we can try to talk a little more. I know I have to get back into it because I DO NOT want to leave things until the last minute. I am already a high anxiety person. Def don't need to add to that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_its-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:21863d63-0a8a-4664-aad0-c9300e512899Post:049875fc-cfbd-4039-84be-7efdb111c90c">Re: It's sad...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad to hear of another bride with a long engagment! It's much better now that it's less than a year away but I cannot tell you how many people gave me snarky comments before!!! I'll get in the posting groove so we can try to talk a little more. I know I have to get back into it because I DO NOT want to leave things until the last minute. I am already a high anxiety person. Def don't need to add to that.
    Posted by kay136[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hey - sent you a PM. :)

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Chels- Just responded. Glad you told me you sent it! Is there a way I can get a notification when people send me a PM or when someone responds to a post I've posted it.
    There has to be an easier way...haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think we all go through spurts in feeling really amped up in planning and then ignoring wedding plans....  I would've been really into this, but now I have less than 6 weeks to go!  I'll try to post more of my questions & concerns.  Laughing

I had emailed one girl about a group that has GTGs on a semi-regular basis, but I haven't been to them.  I was only invited to 1 and it was such short notice that I already had a vendor meeting scheduled.  Frown
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    engaged on 5/29/11... Kelly & Andy to be married -- September 29, 2012
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_its-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:21863d63-0a8a-4664-aad0-c9300e512899Post:5d1fd1c6-ea53-4f1c-95ac-2d44952e1c30">Re: It's sad...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chels- Just responded. Glad you told me you sent it! Is there a way I can get a notification when people send me a PM or when someone responds to a post I've posted it. There has to be an easier way...haha
    Posted by kay136[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha. I never check my PM's. If there is some way to receive an alert of some type, I'm not aware of it... but would be nice. :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Kelly, you are definitely right about planning coming in spurts. I'm on an upswing right now, but I'm sure in a few weeks I will take a little break and do nothing wedding-related.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wish it were more active as well!! I'm more of a lurker for now since my wedding isn't til 2014, but it's so nice to see everyone excited with planning, and i'm mentally storing the notes for when it's my turn to start signing contracts. lol. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

It's never too early to start! We actually got some of the (what I think are the) best vendors beacuse we snagged them so early. Our DJ already had four weddings booked for 2014 when we booked him earlier this year! People thought I was crazy but I'm glad I did it now :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree - it's never to early to start planning (unless you're not engaged yet or something... hehe). A lot of the top vendors will get snatched up pretty quickly, especially during peak season. I was very surprised that I was able to book my first choice for a lot of things, since I started booking at only 12 months out and my wedding is in July... I was so sure that I would get a "sorry, not available on that date" multiple times. Thankfully that has not been the case so far!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My wedding is in 2 weeks and I went through a OMG phase. Pinterest, these borads, DIY sites...and then I got burnt out. So many idea's so much and then I just could not handle it. Then, picked my theme, started my projects and now doing finishing touchs. I don't know how to make it more active, but I know just coming over to lurk is a pick me up for me.
    Best, Serena
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Maybe it means a lot of San Diego brieds-to-be are not very over the top? I got in engaged early Sep 2012. I'm focusing right now on going to the gym and finding a venue. 

My goal is to nail down the venue before November. At that point I'll know which vendors are 'included' and which I have to find myself. Oh yeah, and we'll know a date, too. Right now it's just sometime in 2013.

Meanwhile, my other goal is nail down a waist size before January. At that point I can work on custom corsetry (or find a dress that allows for a granny bra). 

Groom-to-be already has his suit. We did the guest list in half an hour...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards