California-San Diego
Options

Two marriage licenses?

My Fiance and I are having a self solemnized marriage in Colorado for emergency purposes,but literally no ceremony or anything, just signatures. Our ceremony is planned for next September in San Diego County. We want a marriage license/certificate with that date. Is it possible to get a new marriage license/certificate with the big wedding date? I read in Colorado statutes that a couple may obtain a new license by stating they are married, but I don't know how California works. I know I don't "NEED" one, but I want to know if I can actually get a new one? 

Re: Two marriage licenses?

• Options
    Here's the website for the San Diego County Recorder (where you apply for your marriage license): http://arcc.co.san-diego.ca.us/arcc/services/marriage_licenses.aspx

If you scroll about halfway down the page, there is a number you can call. I suggest asking someone who would have official knowledge about this stuff, like the county recorder, or an attorney - not a bunch of random people online. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Umm, I highly doubt that you can get a 2nd license. It's a one time deal and once your'e married, your'e married, sorry! No one even sees your mariage license really anyways, so the date on it shouldn't matter.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards