California-San Diego
Options

Coronado Wedding Review

I just got back from my wedding on Coronado & thought I'd post a quick review of some vendors.
Hair & Make Up- Gina Mertz at Glamorous Brides (gina@glamorousbrides.com)
Gina came out to my rental house on the island to do my daughter's & my hair & make up.  She is very sweet, reasonably priced & great at her job.  I highly recommend her.  Her salon -The Shop 2801 Roosevelt Street Carlsbad, Ca. 92008

Officiant, photographer & flowers- Renate Daversa at www.abeautifulwedding.com (rendaversa@gmail.com) Renate not only officiated our wedding ceremony, she also made all of our flowers & scheduled our photographer.  She is very easy to work with & let us personalize every aspect of of ceremony.  Renate suggested Coronado South beach for the ceremony & it was wonderful.  In each picture I've seen so far, there are no random strangers walking through so it was rather private for a public beach.

Reception- Chez Loma French Bistro Coronado Island.  Amazing food, well priced, accommodated vegetarians & children on our personalized menu. Our servers were great as well. http://chezloma.com/

Cupcakes- Elizabethan Desserts Encinitas at www.elizabethandesserts.com. We ordered the red velvet, monkey business, black beauty & beeze kneeze.  The top favorites were the red velvet & black beauty.  I do not recommend the beeze kneeze (the honey frosting was a bit too much).  The cupcakes were in regular cake boxes so a few did tip onto each other.  I would recommend transfering into cupcake boxes so that they do not tip over.

Rehersal dinner- Coronado Brewing Company. Although they do not officially take reservations, we called ahead & they had tables for our group of 18 held for us.  The food was yummy, the beer even better!  Menu worked for kids, vegetarians & every one else!

Headpiece, cupcake table decor, programs, invitations, thank you notes, bridal party gifts & bridal jacket- www.etsy.com

Re: Coronado Wedding Review

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for sharing! I am having my wedding in Coronado next year. Where is the South beach in Coronado? What day of the week and time of day were you there at? The hardest part right now is finding a ceremony site, so I would love the feedback. TIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amarinelli1amarinelli1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    South Beach is right next to the Hotel Del Coronado.  Directly in front of the Hotel is their private beach, South Beach is just south of that. :)  You can see the Del & we walked over for pictures after the ceremony.
    Our wedding was at 5:00 on a Saturday night.  There were 2 other weddings being set up on South Beach as ours began & 1 came in to set up after we were done.  With that being said, it was not crowded at all.  When we walked over closer to the Del there were a lot more people in that area.  In all of the pictures of our ceremony, there are only about 10% with some kiddos splashing in the ocean in the background.
    Our officiant Ren has a lot of locations on her site.  www.abeautifulwedding.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the info. :) checking out abeautifulwedding.com today. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards