California-San Diego

Catholic Ceremony (I'm Catholic but fiancee isn't)

I'm catholic but my fiancee isn't and we're looking into getting married in a Catholic Church. He doesn't want to convert to the religion and I'm ok with that especially because I was told we could still get married in a church but the ceremony would be slightly different (no communion). Has anyone does this before? We want to get married in St. Catherine of Alexandria church in Temecula, Does anyone know the requirements for this church?
Thanks

Re: Catholic Ceremony (I'm Catholic but fiancee isn't)

• edited February 2012
    Only one of you needs to be Catholic to be married in the Catholic church, so that shouldn't be a problem. It looks like St. Catherine of Alexandria is part of the Diocese of San Bernardino, so you would be held to that Diocese's regulations and requirements. I couldn't find anything on the Diocese's website (http://www.sbdiocese.org/parishes/parishes_n-z.cfm) about marriage prep, but there is this blurb from St. Catherine of Alexandria's bulletin:

MARRIAGE PREPARATION PROCESS: Canon Law stipulates that weddings are to take place in the Parish where either the bride, the groom, or their parents reside. In order to begin the Marriage Preparation Process, you must pick up  A Guideline and Policy Booklet for Weddings  from our Parish Office and read it thoroughly. Please understand that the marriage preparation in the Diocese of San Bernardino takes a minimum of 6 months and that a wedding date may not be set until specified criteria are met. 
    imageimage
  • Thank You so much! this was very helpful :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards