California-San Diego

Coronado Community Center catering?

Any suggestions for catering at the Coronado Community Center? 

There are so many companies on the already approved list, I'd like to hear feedback from people who have personal experience with any of them.  We are working with a limited budget and about 175 guests... so we pretty much have to have a buffet style dinner.. and we want the best quality food possible for our money (we're paying for most of the wedding). 

So if you've been to a wedding there, had your own reception therem, or worked with any affordable caterers in SD, let me hear it! :)

Re: Coronado Community Center catering?

• edited December 2011
    We interviewed two of the caterers from the Coroando approved list (however we did not have our wedding at the CCC)--Creative Catering and West Coast Catering. Both were great to work with. We did a tasting with Creative Catering at a wedding they were working at Quail Gardens. We were very impressed with them, the service and their food. They were very willing to work with our budget. It was a hard decision, but in the end we went with West Coast Catering. Their prices were fantastic and the food was great. We did a tasting at their La Mesa restaurant and they were great to work with. Many people commented on how great our food was at the wedding. We were very pleased with the end result and West Coast was one of our favorite vendors to work with. HTH and happy planning!
    imageimage
  • carlsbad1209carlsbad1209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

I am having my wedding there is well and with a limited budget.  What was the average price you found? Are you planning a sit down or a buffet?  The list is a tad overwhelming!
  • sheakpsheakp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The average price I've been quoted has been $50/person, not including all rentals/fees.  Too much for me.. we're now going with a buffet but still searching for the right food!  The list is huge and we're considering a few other options and just getting them approved.  I think I'll PM you and we can chat!
  • cecanaancecanaan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ranch Events quoted me $18 a person for the Tuscano Buffet. I
  • sheakpsheakp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a similar quote from Ranch... but I know three different people who used Ranch and all of them advised me to NOT go with them.  They had less than satisfactory experiences with Ranch, and I don't want to risk the stress or disappointment.  I hope you have a better experience if you choose them. 
  • purodsmdrepurodsmdre member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who did you end up going with? I also am in search for a caterer with a limited budget for the CCC
  • sheakpsheakp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ended up choosing a hawaiian caterer not on the list, we're in the process of getting them approved now.  My family is Hawaiian so it's perfect and affordable. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards